Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

Help With High School Trade-Up Project (Update)

Posting this on for my son Draysen. He is a sophomore at ALA - Queen Creek High School.

On Friday his entrepreneurship class teacher gave each student a piece of cardboard. Each student had the weekend to trade up that cardboard for something, and continue to trade until class on Monday. Family is not permitted to trade with. If they can get up to a $50 valued object, they are guaranteed an "A" grade for the project. Eight trades in and he has definitely surpassed the $50 mark. However, the student with the high value object for the class gets to pick his/her group for a semester long project. He won't admit it directly, but I am pretty certain their is a young lady or two he would really like to group up with. 

Here is the object he is currently looking to trade. If it interests you and you feel you have something of greater value towards his project, please let me know. All transactions must be completed by the tomorrow (8/23) evening. 

Please PM offers. It is his project, so he is the one you will be trading with. I will update this post with any new trade items.

This is cross posted on other social media. 

Thanks 

Current item:

Solid maple entertainment center. I had to help him more this from the second floor of the person's house. So I can attest to it being HEAVY and solid. Two pieces, top and bottom. Good condition with a few scratches. 

26D x 47w x 86h

20200822_201934.thumb.jpg.0d50b2000cae9b00860ed38b7b1ee795.jpg20200822_202014.thumb.jpg.3ca3ad33110c31872b3c22ff33cc8c25.jpg20200822_201954.thumb.jpg.e2422bb56fed9908aec906c53d98a2ca.jpg20200822_202033.thumb.jpg.114bfb4a1557c33b116a4372e849b9d4.jpg

As a owner im thoroughly impressed. That kid traded up from a piece of card board to an entertainment center?  If he quits school now i will hire him!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

His, he isn't a member on here. So I told him I would post for him. Aside from me posting and helping him move the entertainment center. This is 100% him. 

But, if you don't know that parents deserve probably at least 50% credit for most school projects, you clearly don't have kids! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, rossislider said:

His, he isn't a member on here. So I told him I would post for him. Aside from me posting and helping him move the entertainment center. This is 100% him. 

He is a great kid,  a real go getter that any parent would be proud to have.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wildwoody said:

Your project or his?

Excellent question

12 minutes ago, rossislider said:

But, if you don't know that parents deserve probably at least 50% credit for most school projects, you clearly don't have kids! 🤣

Poor answer IMO.  I deserve no credit for any of my 3 kids project with the exception of taking them to the store to buy supplies if needed.  

He can't trade w/ family, but its OK for dad to pimp his school project?    Wouldn't having him create an account and post it himself be a better lesson than you doing the leg work for him?  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rossislider said:

Current item:

Solid maple entertainment center. I had to help him more this from the second floor of the person's house. So I can attest to it being HEAVY and solid. Two pieces, top and bottom. Good condition with a few scratches. 

26D x 47w x 86h

20200822_201934.thumb.jpg.0d50b2000cae9b00860ed38b7b1ee795.jpg

Man, someone with a bit of woodworking skill could make a nice gun cabinet out of that. If I was 20 years younger, I'd jump all over it. I'm sure I have something worth a trade up. 

1 hour ago, elcy said:

Excellent question

Poor answer IMO.  

Nobody asked for your opinion. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, elcy said:

Excellent question

Poor answer IMO.  I deserve no credit for any of my 3 kids project with the exception of taking them to the store to buy supplies if needed.  

He can't trade w/ family, but its OK for dad to pimp his school project?    Wouldn't having him create an account and post it himself be a better lesson than you doing the leg work for him?  

I'm sure you won multiple father of the year awards. I'll be sure to message you for parenting advice from here on out. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, elcy said:

Excellent question

He's not old enough to lock horns with this crew. Maybe in 10 years.

• Like 2

You got a good kid there dude.  All the regulars know that already.  I dont know too many kids that started any sort of buisiness on their own like Drayson did.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

He's not old enough to lock horns with this crew. Maybe in 10 years.

You hit the nail on the head. 5-10 years ago I would have encouraged him to join this group. There are still some GREAT people on here, but the know it all trolls, who have nothing to contribute besides jacka$$ery, can't help but shoot their mouths off every 5 minutes anymore. 

• Like 7