Pistol P€t€

Fishing Reel Maintenance

no its a piece of Cake to do.

depending on the bait casters I am speaking freshwater you DONT use greese, you use a very thin fine oil like a brand called rocket fuel. I am sure there are others., mineral spirits work well also for oiling the bearings just doesn't last as long so you have to re oil in a month or so depending on use. I used mine everday hundreds of casts and when I didnt have the oil handy I used the mineral spirits .

Gene Gene the reel machine (that is how I listed him in my contacts anyway).  Gene is in Scottsdale and is a fantastic with cleaning, repairing, customizing reels and rod repair. Good guy! 602-614-4406

9 minutes ago, jdown said:

Gene Gene the reel machine (that is how I listed him in my contacts anyway).  Gene is in Scottsdale and is a fantastic with cleaning, repairing, customizing reels and rod repair. Good guy! 602-614-4406

+1 BIL had him service some reels, as well as build some custom rods. Top notch work.

Check with Oliver (Ropofishhead) from the old Bass Zone. Been a while since I last had him work on some of my reels. But always did good work. 

480-252-2228

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dmoto said:

Check with Oliver (Ropofishhead) from the old Bass Zone. Been a while since I last had him work on some of my reels. But always did good work. 

480-252-2228

Yup really good guy and does great work with fast turn around.