Sign in to follow this  
lancetkenyon

Another 2020 NM Pronghorn Hunt

Lance, your stories are always a pleasure to read.  Plenty of details, emotions, photos to make a well-written complete story.  Not just a grip and grin sound bite like in today's mags.  Congrats to you and Taylor.

• Like 1

Awesome write up! I love reading these stories of the highs and lows. Congrats to you guys!

P.S. How many rifles did you guys take? Seems like every stalk had a different rifle. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, zackcarp said:

Awesome write up! I love reading these stories of the highs and lows. Congrats to you guys!

P.S. How many rifles did you guys take? Seems like every stalk had a different rifle. 

Was going to take 4 (main and backup for each of us), but figured we could share a backup rifle.  So only 3 made the trip.

25SST, 6.5SS, 6.5SLR

20200809_120134.thumb.jpg.af75dee21307110fb1ba0f6b89af3ad8.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

We can always count on Lance to make solid contributions to the site and his daughter to show us all how its done, this hunt was no exception. Big congratulations to you both and thanks for sharing!

• Like 2

Lance,as always great story,great pictures good to see your wife with the crew.That way Taylor can sleep and you can visit with your wife.HaHa

• Haha 1

Private land tag, NM non-resident license, and other habitat stamps are about $440.  

"Trespass" or access/permission fees for a ranch vary greatly.  A lot of ranches are run through a guide service, so costs are significantly higher.  Our ranch manager let's us DIY.  The method I prefer anyway. 

Great write up Lance.  Congrats to you and Taylor!!  I know over the phone you had a crap storm that happen but holy crap what a roller coaster that hunt!  Now I feel pretty bad that Kyle and I had both our bucks down in the first 8 hours of opening day :). But I also don't feel so bad about my 5 shots it took for my buck LOL.   Next year will go smoother!  I already cant wait

• Like 1

That is awesome that you  and Taylor both got your goats sounds like you had your share of frustrations great shooting as always congrats 

• Like 1