Sign in to follow this  
Buckwheat893

WTB Ground Blind

Looking for a ground blind for an upcoming archery hunt. Not picky on brand. Just looking for something in good condition, reasonably priced, with room to draw a bow. Cash in hand. Located in East Tucson 

just build one, make sure it has a good backdrop and build it a couple weeks before you plan on using it so they have a chance to get used to it.  I use a 4'x12' piece of camo burlap I would string in front of mine, when you leave take it with you and all that is left is a half assed blind that needs work

1 hour ago, azslim said:

just build one, make sure it has a good backdrop and build it a couple weeks before you plan on using it so they have a chance to get used to it.  I use a 4'x12' piece of camo burlap I would string in front of mine, when you leave take it with you and all that is left is a half assed blind that needs work

Unfortunately the location I will be hunting is about 950 miles away. Worst case scenario I will build one upon arrival. 

22 hours ago, Boarman03 said:

If there are trees, a tree Stand?

There are some trees but mostly brush. Location is south Texas. Wish I could go scout ahead of time, tree stand would be ideal but requires a little more homework imo. 

Because of mileage I was guessing Texas. I like outside of Crockett, but lots of good places.

I can loan you a tree stand or a blind. Don't want to give them up. Lit recticled scopes and green led lights work best for night hunt with corn grain for hogs. Deer come in as well but I don't know if you can shoot them at night. Bags of corn are sold everywhere for about $8.00 a bag, or at least they were a few years back when I was last there. I think you can still grain deer and hogs. Spread some corn in the early morning and some in the early evening. Descent your clothes and watch your soap and shampoo. Have fun! I really enjoy hunting Texas.

If you have never hunted hogs there you really need to someday. Best time is March to April due to fat content. 200lbs and below are great eating. 200/250 lbs and up better as sausage, but a lot of fat has to be added. Just remember, similar to bears, and groups of angry javalina, there is the potential of getting attacked, even just deer hunting. Carry your pistol/side arm just in case. Attacks are more common during hog hunts.

Let me know if you want to borrow either or both pieces of equipment and have fun! It's worth that long drive.

Bad thing is I am in Mesa near Bass Pro.

20 hours ago, Boarman03 said:

Because of mileage I was guessing Texas. I like outside of Crockett, but lots of good places.

I can loan you a tree stand or a blind. Don't want to give them up. Lit recticled scopes and green led lights work best for night hunt with corn grain for hogs. Deer come in as well but I don't know if you can shoot them at night. Bags of corn are sold everywhere for about $8.00 a bag, or at least they were a few years back when I was last there. I think you can still grain deer and hogs. Spread some corn in the early morning and some in the early evening. Descent your clothes and watch your soap and shampoo. Have fun! I really enjoy hunting Texas.

If you have never hunted hogs there you really need to someday. Best time is March to April due to fat content. 200lbs and below are great eating. 200/250 lbs and up better as sausage, but a lot of fat has to be added. Just remember, similar to bears, and groups of angry javalina, there is the potential of getting attacked, even just deer hunting. Carry your pistol/side arm just in case. Attacks are more common during hog hunts.

Let me know if you want to borrow either or both pieces of equipment and have fun! It's worth that long drive.

Bad thing is I am in Mesa near Bass Pro.

I may take you up on your offer if I make it up that way before my trip. I have hunted the ranch many times but only during the rut with a rifle, curious to see how early season archery differs from that. The corn feeders will be running but I don’t foresee early season bucks visiting them in daylight hours. Got some scent killer detergent and spray, hopefully it’s worth it.

And yes I have taken many pigs on the ranch and am hopeful I will see some on this trip. Had some scary encounters over the years but luckily no injuries (other than those sustained by the pigs lol). I will have my trusty Gp100 on me at all times. Should be fun! 

I had one somewhat stupid event that I was fortunate I did not get attacked. A real eye opener being alone surrounded by snorting hogs as the sun is going down, and I left my pistol back at camp and only took 5 rounds with me, used 3 to finish the hog because first shot was off and second shot he moved just as I pulled the trigger. Third was terminal. Had to drag him up to the road so I would not forget where he was with other hogs taunting me. One really learns how to keep his head on straight during those events. Good eating!

If you are coming, give me some notice do I can dust the stuff off.

• Like 1