firstcoueswas80

New pack recommendation?

Literally Kifaru.  Look up Aaron.  He's hikes a few miles.

2 hours ago, ctafoya said:

I'll sell you a eberlestock dragonfly cheap! 

I bought one from him for cheap already

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

But which kifaru should I get 

Get a frame and a day pack sized bag, unless you do true backpacking, then the sky is the limit. Sandwich your meat bags between your bag and frame. Lots of options. 22 Mag looks good.

9 minutes ago, Heat said:

Get a frame and a day pack sized bag, unless you do true backpacking, then the sky is the limit. Sandwich your meat bags between your bag and frame. Lots of options. 22 Mag looks good.

I don’t even know what that means tbh. I was looking at the x ray

cabelas packs are probably made in China right? 

I have the emr pack from kifaru. Plenty of room and lots of pocket add ons if you want.

They have so many options it really comes down to what you want to use it for and what you like in a pack.

The gun bearer is a great addition as well

I have the Reckoning bag with the built in meat shelf and run the gun bearer and a couple of guide lids and smaller accessory bags. Lots of cool features and it's my do-all pack. If I have a pack on my back this one is it. It serves as my "daypack" or it can be used as an expedition pack as I'll be living out of it in a few weeks for 9 days.  

I've never understood the concept of a daypack. I want all my stuff plus space if needed for cape, meat, etc. on my way back.

And see, I’ve never understood the concept of bringing the kitchen sink to glass for deer for a day or chase Bugling elk for a morning? I was thinking I need 2 packs maybe. If I get into some sort of back packing 

I have no idea what I need. I’ve never had a pack frame, I looked up the kifaru frame $350, then I get a pack that cost 350 to go on that? I don’t even know how this stuff works tbh

• Like 2

Same here. When I get something down I take a load out with the badlands 2200. Then go back in with the external frame pack to haul out the rest. Cheaper then a 600.00 pack I’ll use twice a year.

Ya I guess if you only hunt twice a year keep your Jan sport.

duplex and a reckoning. Compacts down to nothing can Carry out what ever. 

buy used you’ll be way under 600

• Like 2

A Duplex Lite Frame and a Bag the size you want is all you will ever need to hunt from a truck or base camp. The external frame is handy for hauling heavy loads and loads that won't fit well inside a bag. I can do 75% of what I do with my Late Season which has internal frame stays and does not detach. I put elk quarters/meat bags/etc right inside the pack. To haul in stuff like my blind, treestand, salt blocks, etc. that's where an external frame with the Cargo Panel shines.

In this photo I am hauling out my elk head with my Late Season after hauling out the Front Shoulders inside the bag on a previous trip. I have it strapped in using only the Grab It. If I had my Duplex and Cargo Panel that head would have carried a little easier, but we made do.

IMG_20170920_125654167_HDR.jpg

3 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

I bought one from him for cheap already

I cant seem to get rid of this dang thing.