firstcoueswas80

New pack recommendation?

IMG_5737.thumb.JPG.83515560216f7f7aad50eec44343db72.JPGIMG_3188.thumb.JPG.7703065a5b5ec3be58356cc554b283d0.JPGIMG_1191.thumb.JPG.3ab8605363e90abbe8713144ba8651e6.JPGIMG_2479.thumb.JPG.de56811ac284a43a1f8a679a7e9cb14c.JPGIMG_1636.thumb.JPG.bf502aa759338f788a66e4f3dc2cdf8c.JPG

Here's a small sample of the adventures I have used the Kuiu 7200 on in the past few years............gonna be pretty hard to convince me there is a better built lighter pack out there. Cinches down small enough for "day" hunts. I've got a 7200 and a 5200 picked them both up off this site for $250 each in like new condition. Nice thing about the 7200, you hardly ever have to strap gear onto the outside of it, makes for quick packing and an even load. 

• Like 1

AZ_SAWBUCK 

That is a nice pack but I have always been an external frame pack person. I am currently using a Sportsmans Optics Pack. My only beef is that it creaks,

Like I stated earlier but do to work and recent surgeries I am unable to hunt as much as I’d like. If I had the desire or ability to hike in farther I’d look at mystery ranch or k u i u or one of the other top packs listed here. But I would have to justify the price just like a lot of other people. Right now it’s a want not a need. But I’ve been researched packs for quite awhile now in search of something better. Mystery ranch or k ui u gets my vote if I decide to get a new pack.

I just recently bought a mystery ranch.  I had a kuiu pack before that.  As much as I liked my kuiu, am glad I made the switch.  It fits me better and fills like it distributes the weight better.  I do like the organization of the kuiu better. The mystery ranch (metcalf) doesn't have many pockets.  

If I were to buy another one I would try the Exo pack. Heard lots of great things about them. But for the price I got my pack, I couldn't pass it up.

On 8/26/2020 at 11:15 AM, OpticNerd said:

Same boat as you. I've had a Eberlestalk Just One for about 15 years now. Good pack but it seems  a bit big for my frame. I'd like to find one that feels like it actually fits me. I was looking at the Outdoorsmans you have. What don't you like about it?

I have the team elk pack.  Seems a bit small for my frame.  Maybe we should meet up for a fit amd and consider a trade.

Outdoorsman I owned was very creaky.heck for stout but wasn't for me. If my torso could fit an x2 under a load I'd still own one. X2 is a super day pack, just the frame digs into my hips under a heavy load.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 4:53 PM, CatfishKev said:

Sounds like kifaru for the win.

How many of you Kifaru guys have tried mystery ranch? Isnt there set up similar?

Mystery ranch shows up sometimes on camofire. Never once saw Kifaru there.

Bump this. 

Always heard kuiu and mystery ranch were top contenders.

For my back and fit, I'd put Kifaru, Stone Glacier, and Mystery Ranch above Kuiu for packs.  Kuiu's zippers are weakish as well and their fabric is more prone to rip and tear. All of this is of course in my personal experience and I love Kuiu....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Is there any place one could actually try on a kifaru pack and get the right fit?

My house😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oz31p said:

My house😉

You in tucson? Gotta meet creedaz soon too so tjs5s an option i guess.  

These eberlestock packs are just too heavy.  Solid and well built though. 

• Like 1