firstcoueswas80

New pack recommendation?

12 minutes ago, OpticNerd said:

Nice! I'm sold on MR as well.  I'm getting the Terra 65 or 80 haven't decided yet but leaning towards the 65. Kifaru is tempting but I'm too cheap. Plus isn't there some kind of rule or something that says your pack can't cost more than your binos. 

Yeah the one I got was the 50L = 3051 cubic inches.  A few hundred inches bigger then my eberlestock and still almost 4 pounds lighter.  And 6 pounds lighter then my eberlestock dragonfly.  A little concerned I could use a bit more space but With the meat shelf I know the interior will be basically just enough.  

10 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Bought this, $119. Come at me bro. 

BA3E5D07-6B77-4C1F-A4A1-0E45B7430083.png

I wouldn't be surprised if that pack right there is made in the same factory as the KUIU bags.

17 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Yeah the one I got was the 50L = 3051 cubic inches.  A few hundred inches bigger then my eberlestock and still almost 4 pounds lighter.  And 6 pounds lighter then my eberlestock dragonfly.  A little concerned I could use a bit more space but With the meat shelf I know the interior will be basically just enough.  

That meat shelf is slick. Before when I would pack a deer out I had to put all the meat in the pack which caused some space issues. Not no more with the MR. I probably just jinxed myself and I'll never shoot a deer again so I'll never know how sweet this pack really is. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I use a similar pack and also have a kelty pack frame. I can strap the day pack tripod and glassing stool into the kelty or use the day pack by its self. I have hauled a lot of meat with the kelty. I also took the top bar off the kelty so I can sling my rifle over it. Works for me.

Screenshot_2020-09-04-15-39-35.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

Did you order the pack or buy it at the store? My old pack has a broken zipper. I may go look if there in store. Thanks

6 minutes ago, 5guyshunting said:

Did you order the pack or buy it at the store? My old pack has a broken zipper. I may go look if there in store. Thanks

They had 1 at bps I tried on. I went back next day and it was sold. So I ordered it. I’ve had this pack but the 2003 version. This one appears to have better zippers 

• Thanks 1

Just remember with out load lifters weight is carried on the shoulders. And carrying weight of your shoulder is for the Birds

I bought 2 Cabelas packs, one of them is their multi day pack was on sale $175 

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/cabelas-multi-day-hunting-pack?hvarAID=shopping_googleproductextensions&affcode_c=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI09H-tojb6wIVLB-tBh2F-gCpEAQYASABEgKzwvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

it got it in the mail today, I don’t even have the gear to put in it. I did put a 30lb dumbbell in it and it felt ok. I have to cinch the belt the tightest it can be and still not quite tight enough. Maybe I can customize it. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

5 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I bought 2 Cabelas packs, one of them is their multi day pack was on sale $175 

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/cabelas-multi-day-hunting-pack?hvarAID=shopping_googleproductextensions&affcode_c=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI09H-tojb6wIVLB-tBh2F-gCpEAQYASABEgKzwvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

it got it in the mail today, I don’t even have the gear to put in it, but when I do it’s gonna be pretty sweet I think 

That looks like a pretty good pack. You're making me regret getting the Mystery Ranch. 

2 minutes ago, OpticNerd said:

That looks like a pretty good pack. You're making me regret getting the Mystery Ranch. 

You see in the specs it’s heavy. So idk what that’s about, because it has so many pockets and other things? It doesn’t feel overly heavy to me. Guess depends on how it holds up. 

4 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

You see in the specs it’s heavy. So idk what that’s about, because it has so many pockets and other things? It doesn’t feel overly heavy to me. Guess depends on how it holds up. 

Have you tried the gun scabbard yet. Looks interesting. 

21 minutes ago, OpticNerd said:

Have you tried the gun scabbard yet. Looks interesting. 

No I haven’t, I was just looking at it. I’ll put one in it. 

edit:  it’s alright. It works. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

Just got my MR Pintler pack in.  What a difference between my Badlands 2200 and the Pintler.  I picked up the box from outside and it almost seemed like nothing was in it.  It's super light.  I put my stuff in it and don't feel the weight at all.  Very happy with the purchase.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phillyphan said:

Just got my MR Pintler pack in.  What a difference between my Badlands 2200 and the Pintler.  I picked up the box from outside and it almost seemed like nothing was in it.  It's super light.  I put my stuff in it and don't feel the weight at all.  Very happy with the purchase.

My MR terraframe also came in.  Crazy this packnis just five pounds.  Like you said, feels like nothing compared to the Cadillac Deville i was carrying around.   Next light purchase is gonna be a tripod upgrade. 

• Like 1