firstcoueswas80

New pack recommendation?

12 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

My MR terraframe also came in.  Crazy this packnis just five pounds.  Like you said, feels like nothing compared to the Cadillac Deville i was carrying around.   Next light purchase is gonna be a tripod upgrade. 

I loaded it up and put it on and couldn't believe how comfortable it was.  You just don't know how bad your pack is until you try something like this. Going back up tonight to finish out my hunt so hopefully I get to test it packing out an elk next.

• Like 2

I got my MR in as well about a week ago.  I got the Terraframe 65. I haven't been able to fully test it out just yet. Definitely can tell it's lighter than my old Eberlestalk Just One but more importantly it actually feels like it fits me. It's a bit smaller than I thought it was going to be. The non camo bugs me a lot more than I thought it would but I should get use to it.

I also didn't think it was going to fit all my gear because how small it looked but it all fit. Maybe I'll get the chance to test it out a bit better this weekend hopefully out in the hills. So far it still feels like an upgrade from my old pack just a few things I got to get use to.

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to pack out a cow this past Friday right after I got my MR Pinter in.  I have to say this pack is awesome.  I've packed out three cows prior using my Badlands 2200 and never knew what I was missing out on.  The meat shelf worked on great on the MR. First trip was both shoulders, second trip was one hindquarter, third trip was a hindquarter/back straps/tenderloins and misc meat.  No issue at all.  

• Like 5

Amazing what a higher quality pack actually does for you.  I try and explain it to everyone who owns badlands and eberlesucks.  Until you actually take the plunge and try one, you honestly have no clue on the difference in comfort.  

• Like 2

Anyone find a good holster for the MR frames? Picking up a sidearm for my sons elk hunt in a few weeks after seeing all the bears during my archery hunt.  I realize it’ll be a lot colder but need some extra protection.