Sign in to follow this  
Tres

Looking for landscaper

I want to redo my back and front yards. I can’t stand grass and really want it more “livable”. 
I originally wanted to put a pool in but I personally don’t think we have the room. I am in Gilbert if any of you have any recommendations. 

thank you

My brother in law owns a landscaping business in Mesa. It’s called the landscape company. Unfortunately I don’t have his phone number but I’ve seen his work and portfolio he does good work.

• Like 1

Retired now But being in the buss most of My life , There is a difference , Landscaper is a contractor and designer or Architect that  Half are no good at designing. Then what alot of people call a landscaper who is a maintenance guy and thinks He can do installations , but doesn't know anything either. Depends on if You want a professional  or a  Hack.Check out references and some of there work too ,if you want a good job. Good luck I am 50 miles other side of the Valley or I would help You or Guide you. ...................BOB!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jlreff said:

My brother in law owns a landscaping business in Mesa. It’s called the landscape company. Unfortunately I don’t have his phone number but I’ve seen his work and portfolio he does good work.

You dont have your own brother in laws phone number?  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Jlreff said:

Wow what a creative name. I'm sure he's licensed and maintains a liability policy 😆. Make sure you get 3 estimates. More than that gets redundant. Make sure they have been in business for at least 5 years. Everyone good is slammed right now. I am booked until January. If they aren't busy there's a reason. Good luck!

• Like 2

Good luck getting quotes.  When I had mine done I had at least 4 companies come out to give me bids.  Out of 4 I did not receive a single quote.  I called and text them all with nothing.  So I had to start all over again and the next time I got a couple.  As naturebob mentioned make sure you are getting what you want.  I am in the process of having part of my pool decking redone because the original company did not use the proper base below my pavers or compact it properly.  It turned out after they were finished doing the job that mine was the biggest job that they had ever done.  They will all say that they can do it to get the job but you want someone that can deliver.

• Like 1

Don’t have his business number. Haven’t talked to him in a while. Had a difference of opinion and parted ways. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t due good work thou. Still would have him due my work thou.

It's very much a "you get what you pay for" type of industry. As mentioned above, anyone good should be slammed with work right now. I'm in Tucson, and booking Jan 2021 right now. Make sure they are licensed and insured. A lot of times, the quality of the bid process is a reflection of how the project is likely to go. If they have their process tight and get you bids when they say they will, I would trust that. Also, they should have a couple of past customers to provide for references. I know I have a few that would be happy to speak with prospective customers of mine.