good bull

I think a Bull of this caliber deserved more or any animal being harvested to have at least a follow up shot to finish it, I didn't finish the video for that reason. The commercial aspect sucks too and the hunter and everyone involved should go back to to Hunter Ed and retest I think it lacked a lot in ethics.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

I didn’t watch because I knew it would make me cringe harder than a joe Biden commercial. 

I sniffed a girl and i like it..

• Like 1

I watched the video the other day and enjoyed the entire video until after they killed the bull and I counted at least 15 guys in the screen.  And who knows how many more there were off screen. That really turned me off.  As far as the Governor tag goes I am all for it and all the money it raises.  If I had the means I would do the same thing but scaled back a bunch.

It kind of seems like most threads no a days gets derailed. 

• Like 4

What a beautiful bull!!  And a great shot from 960 yds.  Having said that, watching that whole video left a sour taste in my mouth.  It turned into a circus atmosphere with the hunter sitting under a canopy watching from above as his paid entourage wisk it away.  Not my bag baby. That's just me and I'm not saying he doesn't have a right to do it like that. If that does it for him, go for it, it just left me feeling a bit sad.  Seems like the very far edge of hunting extremes just to see if it can be done.  Not a fan.

• Like 1

Well after watching the whole video it wasnt as bad as i thought it was gonna be.  Yes there was a follow up shot, looked like it was in the upper hind quarter, but to be fair the first shot was dead nuts perfect.   

Not a fan of selling animals but if i knew what the first dude knew that found this bull and was basically asked to not blow it for a dude that spent 200k and paid a3 probably at least 20k id be like sure... whats in it for me? Sorry bit that dude deserves more then a pic and a handshake from jj.  Seems like that guy knew this bull in and out.  

As for Jj, no i dont like wildlife being auctioned off but i can live with it knowing it goes toward conservation,  also nice that a borderline famous rich dude is an advocate for hunting rights.  

And i did like that he seems humble and admits first hand that he is not a hunter 

• Like 3

Okay I must weigh in, probably the booze.

First, Fantastic Bull and Congrats to all involved. Great post and great attitude by 654321 in this situation.

I do not post often, and I am at best an everyday hack hunter who is happy just to get out to enjoy the woods and hopefully come home with a legal animal (unlike the Owen boys 😊) sorry couldn’t resist.

Also, I enjoy seeing others share their stories here and find it fun and entertaining to read all the regular’s bicker about things.  I love this site for all it offers good and bad.

Now to all you dumb asses saying, “no follow up shoot” and “how dare he let that bull suffer” BS!  If you hunt and KILL animals then get over it! No death is “easy”, its death… instant or for a few minutes it’s no different, it’s not like you are out there snapping necks, you are aiming for lungs or the like and these animals are strong as heck.

Next, if you paid $200,000 for a tag then you dang sure would want an army of peps out there looking for and tying that thing to a tree for you. The funds from this help ALL OF US in the long run,  and It’s ONE Bull! Stop the jealously.

Okay I’m done, Plz continue with your regularly scheduled programming

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, REDTOOTER said:

Okay I must weigh in, probably the booze.

First, Fantastic Bull and Congrats to all involved. Great post and great attitude by 654321 in this situation.

I do not post often, and I am at best an everyday hack hunter who is happy just to get out to enjoy the woods and hopefully come home with a legal animal (unlike the Owen boys 😊) sorry couldn’t resist.

Also, I enjoy seeing others share their stories here and find it fun and entertaining to read all the regular’s bicker about things.  I love this site for all it offers good and bad.

Now to all you dumb asses saying, “no follow up shoot” and “how dare he let that bull suffer” BS!  If you hunt and KILL animals then get over it! No death is “easy”, its death… instant or for a few minutes it’s no different, it’s not like you are out there snapping necks, you are aiming for lungs or the like and these animals are strong as heck.

Next, if you paid $200,000 for a tag then you dang sure would want an army of peps out there looking for and tying that thing to a tree for you. The funds from this help ALL OF US in the long run,  and It’s ONE Bull! Stop the jealously.

Okay I’m done, Plz continue with your regularly scheduled programming

Just so you know I'm not the one that found the bull, all I did was copy and paste the video.

Obviously more people knew about that bull then just the one guy.  This video is proof about the BS that can happen in the woods over one animal. “HIS” friends saying you should go bump, push, or whatever scare the animal away to mess up another guys hunt is IMO absolutely ridiculous!  Any of you have problems about that???  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Becker said:

Obviously more people knew about that bull then just the one guy.  This video is proof about the BS that can happen in the woods over one animal. “HIS” friends saying you should go bump, push, or whatever scare the animal away to mess up another guys hunt is IMO absolutely ridiculous!  Any of you have problems about that???  

And what exactly was he doing out there when he knew they were planning to shoot the bull that day? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

And what exactly was he doing out there when he knew they were planning to shoot the bull that day? 

Sir..not quite understanding the question...when i still could i watched some of the biggest bulls in the milky way just because i could.  no affiliation or $ involved.  the mountain calls.  always.

lee

• Like 1