good bull

6 hours ago, biglakejake said:

Sir..not quite understanding the question...when i still could i watched some of the biggest bulls in the milky way just because i could.  no affiliation or $ involved.  the mountain calls.  always.

lee

He didn’t just happen to be there watching that bull. He knew they were going to kill it. And his friend had suggested he bump it. And then the dude goes up there and was either going to “make great new friends or some enemies for life”. I don’t know what that means, but then the Ryan guy needs to bargain with him not to drop in on the bull the next day, knowing full well someone was planning to hunt it.

If this was any other hunt and someone suggested they considered pushing an animal out of the country because a tag holder was about to kill it, I think we all might have a different reaction.

I am not judging his motives, I don’t know what they are, just considering some things I wondered about when I watched the video.

• Like 2

Ya, it's interesting regarding all of the spectators.  My view on that is that I remember back in the old days as a kid in Kearny in the 70s.  If word got out that someone's dad got a nice muley (we didn't hunt coues then...), it wouldn't be long before friends and family, young and old, showed-up to admire it and talk about it.   It might have been in a local wash out in the desert, or it might already have been hanging in someone's carport & being skinned.   Was just sort of the way it was back then.  Fond memories....

It's of course at a TOTALLY different level with a situation such as this with the governor's tag, but I guess people just want to see it and be a part of it.  I'm guessing many stories will be told throughout the years by people who got to see it in person and lay hands on it. ;) 

• Like 1

I’m still hung up on all those man rings in the opening part.  He looked as uncomfortable wearing them as I was watching them clank around.  

Awesome bull and awesome shot.  I felt like had there not been a crowd there bugging him about not shooting it in the antler he would’ve crushed him a couple more times before he had a chance to fall behind that log.  His follow up shot was right in the money the bull just stepped forward.  

• Like 2

Bull elk are tough, that one proved it with a 12 ring shot in it.  No one wants to see an animal suffer any longer than necessary, but some are dead and just dont realize it, like that  bull.  For those who were concerned about animals suffering, how about that poor mule?  At least the bull was going to  be out of his  misery soon, that poor mule had to haul JJ back UP and  out of that canyon.    Talk about animals suffering.....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 8/28/2020 at 1:45 PM, Bill@roofer said:

Yup you ever ate there? Pay more for a soggy sandwich then you do for a steak. 

My problem is.  With all that money He has to burn. Then why hire the people he did? Why turn it into a clown show. . And most of all why why why didnt He shot it a second time? When that Bull was laying there struggling to breath and live. Then looking up to the other 2 elk that where with him for help or whatever it was doing . Was very disturbing to me.  All the money he paid for the hunt . I think he could have afforded a second shot. If you listen to the Audio then you will here that after he shoots He has no idea if he hit it .where it is and if it's dead yet. Nope to busy high 5ing. Pathetic. Humpty Dumpty climbed off his throan long enough to make one shot then climbed back on.  Even when he got to the bull he sat on the wall afraid to fall off. Yup I hate.. ...

Now it's my time to make some haters. 

Nobull move the heck over because I'm taking your place here. 

I've got lots of money now and I'm going to.  bye me lots of cameras spotlights and go bail every illegal poacher, thief ,tweeker , and asshole I can and start my own guide service. .  

Now  taking applications. All you got to do is be able to cut locks jump fences and handle a spot light. But most importantly You must be a good liar. 

PM if interested. 

Bill please take a portion of that 9.3 million and get some help man ! Prayers headed your way . 

• Like 2

I know it generates money  But a governor's tag should be something sacred. Not to the highest bidder. Imo I would bet every sportsman would pitch In annually to put that tag in the regular draw. Would generate possibly more. Let the elite go hunt farms

23 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

I know I know we have the super raffle... not the same and again the elite can tilt that game in there favor very heavily

How could it be done differently, as far as the goveners tag? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

I know it generates money  But a governor's tag should be something sacred. Not to the highest bidder. Imo I would bet every sportsman would pitch In annually to put that tag in the regular draw. Would generate possibly more. Let the elite go hunt farms

The super raffle is just that.   If they brought it down to where everyone could only buy one chance then they’d bring the amount it brings in way down as well.  Auctions are the best fundraising methods and always outdo raffles in every state they occur in.  

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

How could it be done differently, as far as the goveners tag? 

Every other year. Let's say odd years. Have an option to donate towards the governor's tag. Your donation is your entry fee. Have a drawing pulled from this pool. Winner gets the 365 hunt. Any unit etc.. I guarantee the auction tag on even years would have an influx due to it's new limitations

17 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

The super raffle is just that.   If they brought it down to where everyone could only buy one chance then they’d bring the amount it brings in way down as well.  Auctions are the best fundraising methods and always outdo raffles in every state they occur in.  

Not suggesting limiting entries. But every other year auction tag would def see an increase. 

Saw no problem with any of it, even the no so fat rich guy. Except!!! Why was there a tape on the antlers before skinning started? Maybe I saw it wrong but some them were there long before jimmy. I know it’s a picture/photo op game with a hunt like that but dang. The meat is as good as the rack albeit not as tasty as a young bull or cow but it’s still food.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, stanley said:

Ya, it's interesting regarding all of the spectators.  My view on that is that I remember back in the old days as a kid in Kearny in the 70s.  If word got out that someone's dad got a nice muley (we didn't hunt coues then...), it wouldn't be long before friends and family, young and old, showed-up to admire it and talk about it.   It might have been in a local wash out in the desert, or it might already have been hanging in someone's carport & being skinned.   Was just sort of the way it was back then.  Fond memories....

It's of course at a TOTALLY different level with a situation such as this with the governor's tag, but I guess people just want to see it and be a part of it.  I'm guessing many stories will be told throughout the years by people who got to see it in person and lay hands on it. ;) 

Yep remember this as kid too , and then dads big dead buck walked off the back porch never to be seen again.