good bull

I counted dang near 25 people on screen at one time. Wild scene. 

Making a living that way has got to really take the enjoyment out of it. 

One heck of a shot though. First shot was perfect at 960. I was impressed. 

On 8/30/2020 at 12:57 PM, yotebuster said:

I’m still hung up on all those man rings in the opening part.  He looked as uncomfortable wearing them as I was watching them clank around.  

Awesome bull and awesome shot.  I felt like had there not been a crowd there bugging him about not shooting it in the antler he would’ve crushed him a couple more times before he had a chance to fall behind that log.  His follow up shot was right in the money the bull just stepped forward.  

I dove into a couple of his antler hunting videos and while he did find some awesome antlers I couldn't understand all the rings......but hey he's good at finding antlers!!!!

On 8/31/2020 at 3:18 PM, bigbuckclub said:

I counted dang near 25 people on screen at one time. Wild scene. 

Making a living that way has got to really take the enjoyment out of it. 

One heck of a shot though. First shot was perfect at 960. I was impressed. 

I can't speak from personal experience, but I know a few people who guide - 1 full-time, and they have expressed feeling very blessed to be able to make a living doing what they love. I've asked if it starts to feel like a job, and the response is typically "Yes, but a really fun job".

44 minutes ago, Coach said:

I can't speak from personal experience, but I know a few people who guide - 1 full-time, and they have expressed feeling very blessed to be able to make a living doing what they love. I've asked if it starts to feel like a job, and the response is typically "Yes, but a really fun job".

I know my buddy that guides is pretty beat up after the hunts all finish up, lots of hours out there but I know he enjoys it for the most part! 

I guess I wish I knew as much about where the animals are as they do but then again.......I don't spend as much time out there as they do :) 

On 8/28/2020 at 2:48 PM, yotebuster said:

You reroofed 100 peoples houses from this site alone?!?  🤦🏼

I believe he said helped. Why look for possible mistakes to justify hate? Like it was stated previously, we should pull together and stop so much negativity. I screwed up being negative. It's just not worth it.

Work together and start the changes here. Then do the same at the ballot box.

Too much jealousy! Too much hate!

• Like 2

On 8/28/2020 at 3:32 PM, biglakejake said:

bill and family are grifters.  nuff said.

lee

Not my experience with Bill. I agree he has been highly emotional, but I wouldn't want to go through alI he has been through.

I like you Biglakejake (Lee) and have had good dealings with you, but that could be "said" of anyone's dealings on this site that another person doesn't agree with.

Why promote hate and name calling?

Really nice Bull. Now get ready to find its twin or bigger relative.

Have fun and safe hunting!

On 9/2/2020 at 8:34 AM, Coach said:

The point I was making was more that for the stakes of a Raffle or Auction tag, it's gotta be extremely stressful. The bar/precedent has been set so high that if you are guiding that tag, the bull better be well over 400". Just crazy. 

It's not like guiding elk hunts under normal circumstances where 360"-375"+ would be a heck of a bull for most clients. 

I know people who guide and they enjoy it. Just for me, I like hunting with my family and close friends... it's more about that than maximizing my time in the field or trying to earn a living at it. 

I can’t help but notice a few things after watching the video. Anyone else find it weird that after what was supposedly the first shot he was asking for more ammo? He has a bolt action that holds multiple rounds. He did hit it a second time as well. But I can guarantee you those weren’t the only two shots taken at that bull. That video has been edited.

The other thing I can’t help but notice is JJ gives a ton of credit to his guide Ryan Carter. This credit is given in the video, and all over social  media.Ryan Carter is also who went to talk to Trent as well. Ryan Carter also has posted it all over Instagram as well. Well Ryan Carter does not have an Arizona Guide License based on the most updated list on Azgfd site. I know JJ hired A3 but if Ryan Carter received any compensation then based off my understanding of Az rules and regulations that would be a violation. Obviously that one would be harder to prove because they could deny cash exchanging hands but I have a hard time believing it didn’t.

• Wow! 1

50 minutes ago, bigmuleyfan said:

I can’t help but notice a few things after watching the video. Anyone else find it weird that after what was supposedly the first shot he was asking for more ammo? He has a bolt action that holds multiple rounds. He did hit it a second time as well. But I can guarantee you those weren’t the only two shots taken at that bull. That video has been edited.

The other thing I can’t help but notice is JJ gives a ton of credit to his guide Ryan Carter. This credit is given in the video, and all over social  media.Ryan Carter is also who went to talk to Trent as well. Ryan Carter also has posted it all over Instagram as well. Well Ryan Carter does not have an Arizona Guide License. I know JJ hired A3 but if Ryan Carter received any compensation then based off my understanding of Az rules and regulations that would be a violation. Obviously that one would be harder to prove because they could deny cash exchanging hands but I have a hard time believing it didn’t.

To specifically answer your question, no, I didn't find it strange.  It is not that uncommon for someone making a long range shot to only load a single cartridge into their rifle at a time. ;) 

Regarding your "guarantee" that those weren't the only two shots taken, do you have any facts or actual basis for that statement, or simply speculation?  (It would be fairly easy to verify with eye witness accounts based on the number of folks on the hill.....)   How can you guarantee that?

17 minutes ago, stanley said:

To specifically answer your question, no, I didn't find it strange.  It is not that uncommon for someone making a long range shot to only load a single cartridge into their rifle at a time. ;) 

Regarding your "guarantee" that those weren't the only two shots taken, do you have any facts or actual basis for that statement, or simply speculation?  (It would be fairly easy to verify with eye witness accounts based on the number of folks on the hill.....)   How can you guarantee that?

Be careful Stan arguing with some people often yields few results.

The question I ended up asking myself was, who cares? Neither of these two questions makes one bit of difference to the world I live in. Completely inconsequential. 

• Like 2

'Who cares....'    Those are true words of wisdom and great perspective, Andrew!!     I need to ask myself that before I post next time.  Absolutely zero use in getting wrapped around the axle on this stuff.   At the end of the day, I really don't care. ;)