A3 has a license.

Elk shot on state permitted ground.

Valid hunt.

Beautiful bull.

We got to live it vicariously.

We paid nothing.

Congratulations JJ!

Thanks for sharing!

Definitely not just about “a3” having a license. Every person who received any kind of compensation must have an Az guide license as well. To legally receive any kind of compensation or finders fee of any kind requires one to have a guide license.

• Confused 1

Ohhhhhh boy. Time for the popcorn and beer. Admittedly I was really impressed that only two shots were shown in the video and it appeared both struck the target at about 1,000 yards. And I do find that hard to believe. I bet I could not have done that even with that fantastic gun.

3 minutes ago, Alpinebullwinkle said:

Ohhhhhh boy. Time for the popcorn and beer. Admittedly I was really impressed that only two shots were shown in the video and it appeared both struck the target at about 1,000 yards. And I do find that hard to believe. I bet I could not have done that even with that fantastic gun.

I can see why only showing two in the video could avoid lots of potential drama and anti comments and such. Especially being on YouTube. I just hate how it keeps being referred  to as such “great” or “amazing” shooting. Just don’t talk about it being what it wasn’t and it wouldn’t be as bothersome.

• Like 2

Great bull ! When you have the means that people like JJ have and a passion for hunting you can do things different than the rest of us can. Just the way it is in America. Congrats to JJ.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bigmuleyfan said:

Definitely not just about “a3” having a license. Every person who received any kind of compensation must have an Az guide license as well. To legally receive any kind of compensation or finders fee of any kind requires one to have a guide license.

A cook? A porter? Peripheral help? I don't know the rules but I'm sure there are exceptions except for the head guide and guide company.

Maybe the site hasn't been updated. Perhaps slow like MVD. If there are irregularities, they will come out. 

I'm envious of the trophy bull. But I'm glad I'm not under so much scrutiny to the point of approaching hate. Some of you guys are really brutal.

We know there are great animals out there. I truly wish each and every one of you gets the opportunity to encounter your trophy animal in your lifetime, without so much scrutiny. But it would be nice if I was more perfect like some of you guys. Maybe with another 60 years?

Look for kindness, happiness and good. Safe hunting.

8 minutes ago, Boarman03 said:

A cook? A porter? Peripheral help? I don't know the rules but I'm sure there are exceptions except for the head guide and guide company.

Maybe the site hasn't been updated. Perhaps slow like MVD. If there are irregularities, they will come out. 

I'm envious of the trophy bull. But I'm glad I'm not under so much scrutiny to the point of approaching hate. Some of you guys are really brutal.

We know there are great animals out there. I truly wish each and every one of you gets the opportunity to encounter your trophy animal in your lifetime, without so much scrutiny. But it would be nice if I was more perfect like some of you guys. Maybe with another 60 years?

Look for kindness, happiness and good, safe hunting.

I don’t hate them at all. I do however have issues when major outfitter groups, a lot more than just A3, brag about things going down certain ways when that’s really not what happens. The scrutiny comes with the fact that they have made it their job and with jobs comes scrutiny. Obviously a camp cook doesn’t have to have a guide license. But yes if you aid in the taking of the animal as a “guide” of any kind and get paid you have to have a license. If you have ten guys on a hill all collecting a check for helping glass or whatever a guide license must be had. If you run an outfitter or guide company you should be dotting all i’s and crossing all t’s and unfortunately that is obviously not happening all the time. Hence the stories every single dang year about hunting violations being committed. Poaching, trespassing, hunting on reservation, using banned cellular game cameras, shooting from roads, chasing off animals to prevent others from having an opportunity, chasing animals with vehicles/atvs, etc. These are all things that seem to be happening on a regular basis and things that aren’t cool at all. Dot your i’s and cross your t’s and there isn’t a problem. And if scrutiny is an issue find a different job.

3 minutes ago, bigmuleyfan said:

I don’t hate them at all. I do however have issues when major outfitter groups, a lot more than just A3, brag about things going down certain ways when that’s really not what happens. The scrutiny comes with the fact that they have made it their job and with jobs comes scrutiny. Obviously a camp cook doesn’t have to have a guide license. But yes if you aid in the taking of the animal as a “guide” of any kind and get paid you have to have a license. If you have ten guys on a hill all collecting a check for helping glass or whatever a guide license must be had. If you run an outfitter or guide company you should be dotting all i’s and crossing all t’s and unfortunately that is obviously not happening all the time. Hence the stories every single dang year about hunting violations being committed. Poaching, trespassing, hunting on reservation, using banned cellular game cameras, shooting from roads, chasing off animals to prevent others from having an opportunity, chasing animals with vehicles/atvs, etc. These are all things that seem to be happening on a regular basis and things that aren’t cool at all. Dot your i’s and cross your t’s and there isn’t a problem. And if scrutiny is an issue find a different job.

As long as there is proof, not suppositions and rampant jealousy and hate, I agree.

All should follow the same laws and rules, no matter what race, gender, or financial/political status.

Put forth your proof to AFGD and let justice prevail. If you don't like the results, push for changes in the laws.

I wouldn't go fishing in a small stocked pond. But I appreciate the help of someone who knows how to fish a lake. The same is true of hunting big game in AZ.

With hogs in Texas, feeders are used at dusk and dawn. Takes some of the challenge out of it on the one hand, but when the whole group of hogs comes in, it's no less dangerous if the hunter is on the ground and not in a tree.

JJ's type of hunting is not for me. It would leave a hollowness in the achievement/trophy. But perhaps for him, it was a wild adventure worth the price.

But I refuse to knock him or the group he hired.

If I had proof of serious legal descrepancies or indiscretions, I would feel obligated to submit the evidence to the proper authority having jurisdiction to protect the rights of others.

If you have evidence, please submit it. But if not, it's wrong and perhaps slanderous to falsely accuse.

Owens and Larsen were convicted. If there are more, please pursue justice through proper channels without the hate. Anything else just appears as sour grapes.

10 hours ago, HyNoon said:

Guess what I heard,  he shoots a Palma style action bolt gun..... just a rumor though 

Lots of unknowns and suppositions. Would account for the need for more ammo.