good bull

Truly a Monster bull elk!

JJ  did state  he just got the custom rifle. Instructions, to adjust to range and good too go. Here again , pretty sure its  an  expensive gun , tested  before shipped. Etc.

As far as ammo, he had at least 10 more cartridges straped to his hip ! Being the bull was a 1000 yards.Taking extra shots to finalize a quick ending, after seeing the bull trying to get up ?! Definitely the first shot was a kill shot!! Second ??? Pumping several more rounds into him wasn't necessary. Especially at that range . Just my .02! Just going by the footage! Most bulls don't just immediately fall down after 1 shot!

Was kinda funny though, JJ sitting in the shade !

You can hate it or love it, to each his own!

Great bull of a lifetime,, by anyone's standards!!

I do believe I heard them offer Trent a  replica set of antlers for not trying to ruin the planned hunt. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

All this nitpicking yet no one has expressed sympathy for the mule JJ was riding. 🙄

Sorry all if us can't  all weigh 145 soaking wet! With a 30 in waist.  A good mule can easily pack all that elk meat out!   At least JJ made it to  the elk, even if the mule needed a breather !

• Like 1

For all the belly achers, I’m glad JJ spent all that money on hunting/conservation ! He could have donated it to the Biden/ Harris campaign, BLM or Defund the Police of America... Now that would be something to complain about !!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Wow. What an amazing bull. Congrats to JJ. Seriously a bull of countless lifetimes. Hearing Trent was going to purposely push/harass the bull so a tag holder wouldn’t have a chance at him sticks in my craw. Unethical in my humble meaningless option. 

42 minutes ago, sigfour said:

Wow. What an amazing bull. Congrats to JJ. Seriously a bull of countless lifetimes. Hearing Trent was going to purposely push/harass the bull so a tag holder wouldn’t have a chance at him sticks in my craw. Unethical in my humble meaningless option. 

I agree it probably is unethical. I think a dozen guys camping on top of a bull for weeks is probably unethical as well. Didn't seem like a great example of fair chase. 

That bull is unreal!! Definitely not my cup of tea in regards to the hunt (though I would call it more harvest than hunt). Part of what makes a hunt so special is the toil and hard work...scouting, hiking and missed opportunities until you finally get it done! 

However, spending that much on a tag definitely affords quite a different experience. And the money helps out, which is awesome for the animals and state!