Sign in to follow this  
Outdoor Writer

Lute Olson

Sad ,Great Man. Coming from a Sun Devil Fan , He brought great Basketball to this State with dignity. Man how the years go bye. I can remember listening to games on the Radio while working Saturdays  in His first Year. God Bless Lute........RIP.....................BOB!

• Like 10

Nice man, got to shake his hand after the Team won the Final Four game the year they won it all. May he RIP! Bear Down, Go Cats!

• Like 4

Sun Devils fan here, but Lute Olson was a true gentleman and amazing coach.  He created a legacy down there. 

• Like 4

Took my Ash Fork basketball team to his camp one year! We were from small town nowhere and he treated us like we were special! I had 5 kids there while other schools had 30-50 but he didn’t make us feel any less!

I loved his philosophy and methodology! Good man! RIP Coach!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

Sun Devils fan here, but Lute Olson was a true gentleman and amazing coach.  He created a legacy down there. 

Back when My Son played Club Ball years ago He got to play on Lutes Court. I felt honored to watch Him play there.  I don't think He realized He was playing on a Legends court. He now lives in ILL.  I will have to ask Him if He remembers. I do like it was Yesterday. Even as a die Sun Devil fan with 2 Kids Graduated from there I watched every U of A game I could when Lute was there....................BOB!

Never knew it, but he was the first basketball coach at my high school in Huntington Beach.  Vlass guy.  RIP Lute.

• Like 1