Sign in to follow this  
Edge

My Super Power

My brother jokes that he could rent himself out to other hunters as he can walk into the wind and within 5 steps it will be blowing directly into his back

Someone taught my kids to say “I hate rabbits” to shift the smoke...really funny when they say it around someone that hasn’t heard it before. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When I was old enough to be included on dad's big game hunts, he had a partner that often went. His name was Moe and he had some great hunting philosophy to lay down on an eager student like myself.

I.E.; "Why lie in wait.... when you can wait and lie?"

Moe was morbidly obese, old and bald with a voice like Winnie the Pooh. So I found it absurdly funny one night around the campfire.

Everywhere he sat the smoke lofted into his face regardless of the azimuth he chose. He finally just accepted his fate, looked at me down his nose over his glasses and shrugged through the plume and said,

"Damned smoke, why must it follow beauty?"

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Someone taught my kids to say “I hate rabbits” to shift the smoke...really funny when they say it around someone that hasn’t heard it before. 

Where tf did this come from. Cuz I thought my high butt friend came up with that at high school bonfire party. 

In my misplaced youth during campouts as a boy scout, our favorite prank for the newbie was to have him search through the gear to find the left-handed smoke shifter. Usually, it became, "I can't find it." We would then send him to ask other troops if we could borrow theirs. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Where tf did this come from. Cuz I thought my high butt friend came up with that at high school bonfire party. 

No clue...my kids got it from their friends who probably heard it from their dad. I’ll ask him sometime where he heard it.

A buddy of mine taught all the kids the I hate rabbits thing when they were young.

8 hours ago, Outdoor Writer said:

In my misplaced youth during campouts as a boy scout, our favorite prank for the newbie was to have him search through the gear to find the left-handed smoke shifter. Usually, it became, "I can't find it." We would then send him to ask other troops if we could borrow theirs. 

As a youngster in a fancy chef school in NY, our rendition was a bit different. We would send the gullible to the butchery and ask for chicken lips.