Art20

Hunting 3C late hunt

If it’s your first hunt for bull elk hire a guide. I know the unit very well and there are lots of elk in that unit even on the late hunt. The bulls will typically be in the deepest nastiest stuff they can find considering all the hunts in the unit before yours.Weather will also play a major roll in your hunt.  Good luck, should be a fun hunt

1 hour ago, PineCountryHunter said:

If it’s your first hunt for bull elk hire a guide. I know the unit very well and there are lots of elk in that unit even on the late hunt. The bulls will typically be in the deepest nastiest stuff they can find considering all the hunts in the unit before yours.Weather will also play a major roll in your hunt.  Good luck, should be a fun hunt

Would that apply to unit 3A as well, you think?  I'm  virtually in the middle of 3A but was told 3C would be a better bet for bagging elk.

I went out to an area in 3A off 277 & did see many tracks but folks I'm talking to is moving me to the rim area.

On 9/1/2020 at 3:12 PM, Art20 said:

I found something online, Arizona Guided Hunts.  Anyone ever hear about them?  I spoke with the guy & said he has an expert with 3a & 3c and there's about a 70% chance of landing a bull elk - I was expecting better odds.  It's quite expensive but I figured it would be worth it, in the long run, if I plan on doing this in the future.

Koury guide service hands down will not let you down.  Honestly man it comes down to your financial situation. If you can afford  a guide go with Koury.

I don't know anything about AZ guided hunts.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Have you considered any of the local recently convicted of poaching guides? There’s at least a couple 

Seriously? 😏

On 9/2/2020 at 4:11 PM, Art20 said:

Would that apply to unit 3A as well, you think?  I'm  virtually in the middle of 3A but was told 3C would be a better bet for bagging elk.

I went out to an area in 3A off 277 & did see many tracks but folks I'm talking to is moving me to the rim area.

I have seen elk in 3a and know they are in there. I don’t know it nearly as well as 3c however. I would personally stick to 3c unless you have tine to do some scouting and glassing in 3a. I would imagine there isn’t near as much pressure in 3a

On 9/2/2020 at 6:53 PM, CatfishKev said:

Koury guide service hands down will not let you down.  Honestly man it comes down to your financial situation. If you can afford  a guide go with Koury.

I don't know anything about AZ guided hunts.

I can afford a 1st hunt with a guide. This guy isn't very responsive so guess he's busy now and only has FB & Instagram.  Looked on FB & no comments, left a vm but he did reply to my text msg saying he needs to check his schedule.  Nothing much after that other than he has guides with over 25 yrs experience.  Guess he's too busy.

I would think he would have had favorable FB comments, if anything.