Squirrel n Dumplings

Hunting Access From Highways

18 minutes ago, 654321 said:

That's funny but what's even funnier is I see more BP agents sitting at the check station on highway 83 at any given time then there are WM's to cover all of region V.

ain't that the truth...waste of tax dollars!

• Haha 1

I was checked dove hunting last year, and have been checked during javelina in 20a twice in the last 4 years. Once we flagged him down though on purpose to report a javelina we thought might have been poached. It was right in the back side of our camp spot and we didn't want him finding it and trying to pin it on us. 

He was cool and went and investigated it and it appears it was probably hit on the gravel road near camp and died behind our camp. 

Two years ago I had just parked my truck on I17 south of 169. As my son and I walked away a officer pulled in behind us and waved us back. He told me to write a note that I was out hunting and put it on my windshield. And he wouldn’t bother us.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 654321 said:

That's funny but what's even funnier is I see more BP agents sitting at the check station on highway 83 at any given time then there are WM's to cover all of region V.

Dude. Get a life. How many agents do you think it takes to sit a heckpoint...on the law side obviously...🥴🥴🥴

4 hours ago, AZBull said:

Dude. Get a life. How many agents do you think it takes to sit a heckpoint...on the law side obviously...🥴🥴🥴

I don't know how many it takes to sit a HECKPOINT but I do know there are about 5 WM's that cover 34A&B, 35A&B, 36B&C, 36A and 37A and that's a heck of a lot more area than the side of the road at the checkpoint on highway 83...😂😂😂

12 hours ago, Jeffdavison said:

Two years ago I had just parked my truck on I17 south of 169. As my son and I walked away a officer pulled in behind us and waved us back. He told me to write a note that I was out hunting and put it on my windshield. And he wouldn’t bother us.

I have probably parked in that stretch 25 times checking cameras or hunting. We got an orange sticker one time because we were too close to the entrance ramp. I was told to park well off the shoulder and leave a note. We never had another issue.

19 hours ago, AZLance said:

wait! you saw game and fish in the field? its been 22 years since I've seen G&F in the field...

Last time for me actually making contact was 2 yrs ago on the late archery hunt in 23S, she snuck up on me while I was playing director for a buddy. She was incredibly polite and nice. Not to mention absolutely smoking hot!! (Was not Laura)