SO I HUNT

Some People’s Attitudes!!!!

Is just me, but it seems that this site has inherited some real **CKS. I really like this site a lot of great people and some that just makes it not so great anymore! Just my .02 cents •

• Like 5

I agree and I find myself checking in less and less.  I come here to get away from all the crap going on around us and "hang out" with like minded folks.  Seems everybody has opinions about everything and wants to share them with everybody.  Doesn't matter what forum either.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SO I HUNT said:

Is just me, but it seems that this site has inherited some real **CKS. I really like this site a lot of great people and some that just makes it not so great anymore! Just my .02 cents •

People complain about the people here all the time it seems, then do absolutely nothing about providing content themselves. 

what’s up with making these threads after the fact too? Why not tell the person in questionable attitude how you feel about it. 

• Like 2

Also btw, again, forums on the down swing. They have been for years now. hey’re not popular anymore. There is no forums out there that are like how they used to be except for reddit. Which Is for liberals mainly. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

People complain about the people here all the time it seems, then do absolutely nothing about providing content themselves. 

Guess some people don’t want to try because of the attacks that’s been displayed over and over that’s been shown. Guess the beauty of it is to be like some of the great contributors that put a lot of post here with great advice and you wanted to contribute to. They finally quit coming here because of the way things were going. To each there own! Good luck on the hunts to come!

40 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

Also btw, again, forums on the down swing. They have been for years now. hey’re not popular anymore. There is no forums out there that are like how they used to be except for reddit. Which Is for liberals mainly. 

Yep. Over the past 15 years it seems that most of the forums I've followed has gone down in activity except for an astronomy forum and maybe a camera forum. Don't know why for sure but it does seem forum popularity has gone down over the years. 

Most forums end up getting dominated by a few **cks and then people begin leaving.  Look what happened to monstermuleys.com.  I don't think it has very much to do with fragile egos.  Most people just don't like to be around jerks.  So they leave.

• Like 10

I know a few of the so called thinned skins that you are referring to and they are far from it. Key board warriors they are not just hard hunting people with a lot of knowledge.  This is a great site for the few that thinks they are the cream of the crop. I agree with the comment on MONSTERMULEYS to. 

1 minute ago, SO I HUNT said:

I know a few of the so called thinned skins that you are referring to and they are far from it. Key board warriors they are not just hard hunting people with a lot of knowledge.  This is a great site for the few that thinks they are the cream of the crop. I agree with the comment on MONSTERMULEYS to. 

This site would be completely dead if it wasn’t for the same 10 guys posting. heck the nobull threads and that muley guy last night get the most posts anyways 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I love this forum and have met some great guys I'm humbled to call friends.

That being said, there's a handful of posters that make me cringe each time I see their Avatar pop up. I ignore them, take the good with the bad.

It's a lot like channel surfing. I see a Biden commercial appear and I move on or just turn the medium off after some jaw clinched grumbling under my breath.

Normally I'd be hitting the trails and listening for bugles about now. But after surviving the hottest recorded summer in the valley, my ol lady had a bad accident and I'm homebound with my domestic duties doubled maybe tripled.

If you can get out there, enjoy and revel in your freedom in our great outdoors. But don't forget to take pics and notes and share your experiences with us less fortunate souls.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

This section is called “The Campfire”.  A lot of these threads are actually topics that would be discussed at deer camp around the fire.  Heck, just read the description of the forum:

“Gather round the campfire and let's see where the discussion goes.”

I don’t want to sound like a **CK but are you new to the internet?? lol. It has always been, and always will be like this.  Personally, I have to walk on eggshells enough in my normal day to day life. I am not walking on eggshells on the forums. Just my .02.  I don’t get triggered or take stuff personally on here. 

• Like 7

I kind of agree with the post but not totally, I bet most of us would have a good argument with who you might think was the worst attitude on here if you were in person by a fire and move on to go hunt or fish. One thing that’s a bummer to see on all media platforms is what people click on, I pay close attention and make sure I never click on silly human content. Example, YouTube video of a young man making a knife from raw metal with some serious craftsmanship gets 5,000 views. Now some chick in a bikini shows her bum and 1.2 million views. I refuse to click and make it a point to find creative folks to support and ignore the typical click bait crap. Same kind of goes here on this sight , a good hunt post gets 5 comment and a few likes and Then some stupid drama with really bad content post has 20 pages of complete nonsense. People are going to be people and fill their brains with nothing productive. 
What gets missed in the mix is the silent majority of great lurkers and posters here. 

• Like 12