Sign in to follow this  
Fullbags15

WTB Golden lab puppy

To be clear, are you looking for a Golden Retriever crossed with Labrador or just a Yellow Lab (that can be had in color phases that range from white to red)?

If Labs, then I hear great things about Queen Creek Labradors (they are on FB).

If cross breed is what you are looking for, I can’t help there.

If you feel like a road trip, the Momma of my female came from Duck Buster Kennels in Emmett, Idaho. He hunt tests his dogs and they are hunting machines that have an off switch. 

If you want to read up on them and know the difference between the English and American variety check out https://www.thelabradorsite.com

Labs that hunt are hard to beat.  I owned one years ago whose hunt drive stoped when she got ahold of my ham sandwich. 

Best of luck in your search. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HorseHunter said:

To be clear, are you looking for a Golden Retriever crossed with Labrador or just a Yellow Lab (that can be had in color phases that range from white to red)?

I was wondering the same thing. 👍

There are Golden Retrievers and there are Labrador Retrievers with yellow coat color. There's no such thing as a "golden lab".

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fullbags15 said:

That is what I am looking for. He's a good looking dog!!

Thanks! The lady I bought him from is named Jennifer Hood. She lives in the Phoenix metro area somewhere. She has the dam. The sire is Roxstar out of Wisconsin. Both Mom and Dad compete in field trials. 3 of the 4 grandparents were Amateur Field Champions. This dog is almost a year old. Just getting started. I probably won't do any competing with him but I'm sure he'll retrieve his fair share of birds. He is a natural.

Put some thought to the size of dog you’d like too.

Labradors can range from 60-110 lbs in my observation.

Below is Ellie, my 8 year old female that weighs in at 70 lbs.

Can you tell we are all excited about you finding a pup?

Good luck and post a pics when you find your little guy!

49C351A0-9DFE-4D46-8C8D-B555405CA8B0.jpeg

95E2FA6C-DA8C-4096-8312-8E873A3DCFE3.jpeg

639A00FA-C8F8-410C-94F0-C5FC79E85D70.jpeg

• Like 2

Vowell on this site's brother Scott Vowell helped me find my dog. He is also a breeder and a trainer and has his own kennel. Not sure if he has any at the moment but Scott is a great guy to talk to and see if he can help. I would start there. Depends on what you want in a dog. They're all great! If you want one to hunt, I would try to find one that has proven hunting traits in the pedigree. The way that is demonstrated is through hunt tests and field trials. That is where the titles for the dogs come in. Not that a dog has to have titles in the pedigree to hunt but it might help you narrow things down or give you another frame of reference. The pedigree will also give you an idea about the health of the dog. If they have had the tests for the genetic stuff, hips, elbows, eyes, etc. that should also show up on the pedigree.

https://azhuntinglabs.com/

Best advice I can give you is to be patient and do your homework. Find a breeder and dog that works best for you and your family. Keep your eyes open. Talk to your vet if you already have a dog or other people you trust. Wish you the best of luck!

• Like 2

On 9/4/2020 at 4:18 PM, Heat said:

Vowell on this site's brother Scott Vowell helped me find my dog. He is also a breeder and a trainer and has his own kennel. Not sure if he has any at the moment but Scott is a great guy to talk to and see if he can help. I would start there. Depends on what you want in a dog. They're all great! If you want one to hunt, I would try to find one that has proven hunting traits in the pedigree. The way that is demonstrated is through hunt tests and field trials. That is where the titles for the dogs come in. Not that a dog has to have titles in the pedigree to hunt but it might help you narrow things down or give you another frame of reference. The pedigree will also give you an idea about the health of the dog. If they have had the tests for the genetic stuff, hips, elbows, eyes, etc. that should also show up on the pedigree.

https://azhuntinglabs.com/

Best advice I can give you is to be patient and do your homework. Find a breeder and dog that works best for you and your family. Keep your eyes open. Talk to your vet if you already have a dog or other people you trust. Wish you the best of luck!

Nailed it!