tomgobbler

Casket for my Father in law

As the time was looking like it was getting close - I went to him and asked if I could build his casket . What a difficult question to ask someone ,almost as difficult as asking for his daughters hand ..... 

he said I’ve always wanted just a pine box 

so I built him a pine box . 

the first pic has his brand in the cow hide 

then he did incredible things for NPC and the community of many years & the family wanted that incorporated. 

had the rest of the family over to help line the inside with foam and white satin . 
my 10 year old sewed the pillow case for her papa as the grandkids called him . 

i don’t know why the 3rd pic is upside down - no I didn’t put on that way :) 

FBB111F7-1200-4A42-8306-BA5B6D94D446.jpeg

096234AF-29DB-4279-B02D-390287446095.jpeg

DDA83838-001F-460D-8F54-F87FA45A89F8.jpeg

42F7B7A2-0609-40FB-93B9-2288E20B8CF8.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Wow! 1

The blocks are dual purpose - handles to lift the lid with - something to get a hold of - and they slide tight over the edge when closed keeping it tight and helping to keep it square . 

1 minute ago, tomgobbler said:

The blocks are dual purpose - handles to lift the lid with - something to get a hold of - and they slide tight over the edge when closed keeping it tight and helping to keep it square . 

Gotcha.

6 hours ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Always love the way you get cowhide into your caskets....plus I need to take some interior lessons from you!!!! Looks really good, sorry for the loss in the family!

You and him build some amazlingy good looking sad boxes. I’d be proud to be buried in a casket that either of you made.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the kind words -

no he didn’t get to see it - at least in the physical since - 

we had the viewing Tonight -  and it “fit” who he was really well .

I am performing the marriage ceremony for my son tomorrow night and then the funeral on Friday . 

so been quite a Crazy week . 

yea Jeff’s ( non typical solutions) work is really amazing As well . He does some neat stuff . 

• Like 1