down2hunt

Rut Activity

8 hours ago, ctafoya said:

Lots of good action in 1 this morning. Then a helicopter started flying down all the canyons. It saw the elk i was watching and they literally rounded them up and drove them out of the canyon then they flew away. Game and fish aerial survey? Maybe driving them to 27 to lower success rates in 1? I have the numbers from the helicopter. I'm tempted to call it in. 

You must have been close to where I was. Watched the chopper make a couple passes. They went right over me and the right side sliding door was open. Guy in an orange jacket sitting at the door looking out. That bird was loud and low. Appeared to be the wolf people to me. 1 is like a zoo already. People everywhere. 

54 minutes ago, dcshorthairs said:

You must have been close to where I was. Watched the chopper make a couple passes. They went right over me and the right side sliding door was open. Guy in an orange jacket sitting at the door looking out. That bird was loud and low. Appeared to be the wolf people to me. 1 is like a zoo already. People everywhere. 

Yup. Orange jumpsuits with doors open. I have video of thier last pass. I've never been more pissed off in my life. 

• Like 1

They must have been a few different places. I only saw one other person where we were at and he didn't have a tag. Not many people where we are at. I saw one utv pass my camp this morning. 

34 minutes ago, idgaf said:

My niece filled her poverty tag pretty quick this morning

IMG_20200911_070958.thumb.jpg.c2fa2d28783b7333cbed9bec28bedd90.jpg

That bull is SAWEET!  Congrats to both of you.  Great pose too, shows him off really well.

I got a 280” bull bugling now about 200 yards away. Got about 6 cows with him

• Like 1

2 hours ago, idgaf said:

My niece filled her poverty tag pretty quick this morning

IMG_20200911_070958.thumb.jpg.c2fa2d28783b7333cbed9bec28bedd90.jpg

Good job. Nice bull

That rack really has some character, too.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, ctafoya said:

Lots of good action in 1 this morning. Then a helicopter started flying down all the canyons. It saw the elk i was watching and they literally rounded them up and drove them out of the canyon then they flew away. Game and fish aerial survey? Maybe driving them to 27 to lower success rates in 1? I have the numbers from the helicopter. I'm tempted to call it in. 

I have a friend whose son is a game warden over in 10.  He’s been doing elk surveys but has to do it by driving.  The state won’t let them fly for surveys because of Covid. Not sure if it’s the same for over in our neck of the woods.  

Brian