down2hunt

Rut Activity

On 9/14/2020 at 5:30 PM, moorehunter86 said:

Lots of bugles and called this bull from cows opening evening for my son. His first archery bull! 

Snapseed 6.jpeg

What part of the state or what unit where you in? 

• Like 3

Bulls were very active all night and until 7 this morning. Then the road hunters calling every 15 seconds shut em down. Almost got it done last night behind my camp but he wouldn't let me closer then 100 yards. 

• Like 1

We had a bull come in with 7 cows on Sunday in 5b south.  Other bulls were in the area and he was ripping bugles every time they sounded off.  He was rutting pretty good.  This week should be good.  

1 hour ago, ctafoya said:

Bulls were very active all night and until 7 this morning. Then the road hunters calling every 15 seconds shut em down. Almost got it done last night behind my camp but he wouldn't let me closer then 100 yards. 

I feel ya. I have not had a single shot under 80 yards. 

9 hours ago, kazpilot25 said:

Any reports from 5BS?

I don't know anything about the rutting activity, but I did see a pic of a nice 7x8 that hit the ground.  It only gets better later in September so the archery hunters get the benefit of starting a week later.

• Like 1

Just saw a pretty good bull with about 50 cows go through my field.....bugling his head off. Better bugling last night than the last few days for sure. Hope It gets better for those tag holders. 

1 hour ago, BOHNTR said:

Just saw a pretty good bull with about 50 cows go through my field.....bugling his head off. Better bugling last night than the last few days for sure. Hope It gets better for those tag holders. 

Nvm

Unit 8 on fire, found and viewed 7 different rutting bulls, multiple bugles. I live in 11m and all night long bugles outside the house windows. 

• Like 1