Sign in to follow this  
naturebob

Fall Colors?

Anyone ever been to the New England States  during the Fall Colors? Vermont, New Hampshire , Maine,  ETC.   Now that I have pretty much retired , I am thinking after helping a Buddy in Muzzy season ,heading to Pa. to visit Friends and Family with Girlfriend who is from Erie ,Pa also and then hitting the fall Colors. Supposed to be Spectacular. Muzzy hunt I would help on is last week of Sept. Was hoping to catch the colors during the first 2 weeks of October if that is the right time. Schedule is flexible after the hunt then back here in plenty of time for My Deer hunt November 6th .Thanks in advance.............BOB!

• Like 3

Can’t speak for New England, but being from Minnesota and still having a cabin on property there, I can tell you Oc1 - Nov 15 is the best time of the year. The seasonal change, whitetail rut, fall colors, it’s beautiful.  Yes, fall colors are worth seeing.  We have a 100 acre whitetail paradise there... I usually bowhunt there every fall. Closest neighbor is about 1 mile away. 

D8E252A5-5FF6-4076-A652-8692A6234252.jpeg

92D90F83-06F5-41D3-BF8F-E95D14CD06D2.jpeg

D05C9862-25A3-4744-82A0-92BA486C1FCB.jpeg

7C2EE22A-D1D3-47F2-8B6F-7FA875538DA6.jpeg

AAD298E7-C123-4600-9C40-A7F67C8A1FCD.jpeg

81FD3BBC-7B88-4ECE-820A-9CFB3D7769BB.jpeg

• Like 13

The pictures with the pond in them are beautiful. Especially that last one.  My wife is from back east and we never timed it right going back there in the fall.

7 hours ago, naturebob said:

Anyone ever been to the New England States  during the Fall Colors? Vermont, New Hampshire , Maine,  ETC.   Now that I have pretty much retired , I am thinking after helping a Buddy in Muzzy season ,heading to Pa. to visit Friends and Family with Girlfriend who is from Erie ,Pa also and then hitting the fall Colors. Supposed to be Spectacular. Muzzy hunt I would help on is last week of Sept. Was hoping to catch the colors during the first 2 weeks of October if that is the right time. Schedule is flexible after the hunt then back here in plenty of time for My Deer hunt November 6th .Thanks in advance.............BOB!

grew up there. pics above are beautiful, remind me of the landscape in Maine, NH and western MA. the timing to see the fall colors always changed by a week or two depending on the

first freeze, temps, but your time frame is right. left that part of the country 43yrs ago at tender age of 21. visit it every couple of years. if you get back there,

look for some of the few remaining small dairy farms. many make there own "end of season" ice cream with local apples, pumpkin, etc.

goma

5 hours ago, Curtis Reed said:

We are all friends here!  lol

Yeah but I dont want to be friends here. I want to be friends on 100 acres of whitetail paradise in MN.

(no homo)

• Like 5

10 hours ago, naturebob said:

On my bucket list........

7 hours ago, Curtis Reed said:

Can’t speak for New England, but being from Minnesota and still having a cabin on property there, I can tell you Oc1 - Nov 15 is the best time of the year. The seasonal change, whitetail rut, fall colors, it’s beautiful.  Yes, fall colors are worth seeing.  We have a 100 acre whitetail paradise there... I usually bowhunt there every fall. Closest neighbor is about 1 mile away. 

D8E252A5-5FF6-4076-A652-8692A6234252.jpeg

92D90F83-06F5-41D3-BF8F-E95D14CD06D2.jpeg

D05C9862-25A3-4744-82A0-92BA486C1FCB.jpeg

7C2EE22A-D1D3-47F2-8B6F-7FA875538DA6.jpeg

AAD298E7-C123-4600-9C40-A7F67C8A1FCD.jpeg

81FD3BBC-7B88-4ECE-820A-9CFB3D7769BB.jpeg

Cool pictures....I would have to cut a shooting lane for that archery picture....... :) beautiful!!!!

Nice setup. A friend of mine lives just north of the cities. He has land/cabin somewhere in Northern MN and in Wisconsin. My office is in Chaska and it looks like ill be up there in October for moving our office and manufacturing. I told my boss I'm bringing my bow and he might not see much of me. 

11 hours ago, naturebob said:

I'm originally from northern NJ, so I've experienced the fall in those northeastern states when I lived there and several times later on trips from AZ. What really makes the big difference are the reds from the maples, etc. Much of what we get in the West is more like this:

48c7fea9071575ff.jpg.b38e43ee2634f55423ae32ae4170fd3c.jpg

48c7fe8b060c7a26.jpg.5d1abc6bc16db99420c112c3c75388e9.jpg

• Like 3