I had a great time hunting the farm today with Chris!  The flights were definitely slower than opening day, but I still got a limit and a few Eurasians.  The wild game washing bucket cuts the cleaning time in half.  I'll never clean birds without one again!!!!

IMG_20200904_094632_320.jpg

IMG_20200904_094632_321.jpg

IMG_20200904_094632_319.jpg

• Like 4

I didn't know they actually made a bucket for that. We have always just shoved a hose with your thumb over it into whatever container the breasts were in and all the feathers just pop to the top and run out.  I'm assuming the bucket does the same thing?

• Like 1

Outstanding!!!  Been doing great at the dairy that we hunt, as well!  

Watched the demo on that wild game washing bucket.  Looks awesome!!!   We have sort of been doing the same thing from scratch for the past few years, in that we bring a bucket and a couple of big containers of water with us to the dairy.  When we are ready to clean the birds, we fill the bucket 1/2 full of water, gather around and start 'breasting' the birds.  The breasts go into the water, and we start to swish around manually and skim feathers off the top.   We will then drain and freshen the water a time or two while skimming feathers/debris.  Looks like kind of the same effect.  I didn't realize that someone had actually commercialized it!  ;)

Happy hunting, all!!!

S.

• Like 1

I was out there Thursday morning and it was slower, but still good. 

The old dudes in law chairs by the hay barn got all pissy though saying my buddy who was 100 yards away was blocking all there shots. 

• Haha 1

I was out opening morning and again Thursday morning. 

Just now, Hoss50 said:

I was out opening morning and again Thursday morning. 

And tomorrow morning. 

It was a lot slower today. We still managed to limit out with a few euro's and a pigeon but it wasn't just a bunch of slam dunks. 

8 hours ago, Hoss50 said:

It was a lot slower today. We still managed to limit out with a few euro's and a pigeon but it wasn't just a bunch of slam dunks. 

Harley I must have missed you guys. My son and I drove out around 8 and both were able to limit out. Were you parked in the same spot as Tuesday? I had both my MOJO Doves up and working and that made a difference. We had 5 before 6am.

15 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Looks like you had a good time. I’m headed out now. Bucket looks interesting. I’ve always used the kitchen sink with a screen over the drain.

How did it go 

49 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

Harley I must have missed you guys. My son and I drove out around 8 and both were able to limit out. Were you parked in the same spot as Tuesday? I had both my MOJO Doves up and working and that made a difference. We had 5 before 6am.

I was in the same spot as Tuesday. It was SLOW until about 740am. Then they picked up for about 45 minutes which is when we picked up most of our birds on the south fence line. We were done and gone by about 930am. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

I was looking at those mojo the other day .. did they work that good?