Sign in to follow this  
kazpilot25

Unit 10 Youth Cow Help

My daughter pulled her first ever elk tag this year and it actually starts on her 10th birthday, 10/2. She pulled the unit 10 youth cow hunt and I don't know too much about the unit. I hunted archery cow in there just north of Williams several years ago and didn't see a whole lot. I'm thinking about hunting the big Bo since it's only $1 for the youth hunt. If anyone can provide some tips or help so we can get her some opportunities and make her first hunt a great experience it would be much appreciated. 

Just pre scout some of the forest service rds off the 24.   Elk should still be bugling. Both 6 and 7 north of the railroad tracks usually hold elk.

I figured they'd still be bugling, which should increase the enjoyment factor! I'm way excited for her. Almost as excited as I am about my archery bull tag.

My 10 year old daughter has the youth hunt in 10 also I scouted in late August turned up a few cows and a decent Bull. Didn’t see any elk in the National Forest portion. The Perrin tanks were mostly dry. Couldn’t scout the Big Bo because it wasn’t open yet. I did get the access pass though. Any pointer would be appreciated 

My son had this hunt last year it was tough, really dry didn’t find any elk until the last day and couldn’t get it done if you end up on the big bo send me a message I can try and help you out.