az_runner

One day left to get one of these boys

Not much of one man.
Did my normal deal and left Phoenix around 330am yesterday, sat a blind around 545am where they were appearing. Only a few ladies showed up… about 10 feet in front of me for that. 

Long story, but we just found this new spot a few weeks back and started putting out cameras. I’ve been out there probably six times or more before and knew there had to be water around the immediate area because tanks just seem to be too far away from this spot for some many birds, pigs and deer to be. I hiked up and down the area with my oldest boy and we never found a seep or anything though found a few spots where a spring was just slightly showing moisture at the surface. Fast forward a few weeks, hunts and hikes out there to yesterday. I’m sitting the trail from what looks to be about mid-way in to these crazy game trails and bedding areas. The does show up and pass right in front of me, the one on the back catches me and they all bolt out of the area. I sat for another maybe 90 minutes or so and kept hearing all kinds of noise about 30-40 yards down from me and figured it was my boys and maybe they would make their way to me. Nothing ever came my way, so I finally got out of the blind and made my way down to where I was hearing all the noise. I knew where the noise was coming from as we’ve hiked down that way a few times. This time I crept the bottom in case they were coming down the trails towards me. I started seeing tracks of everything, like when you can’t tell what direction anything if going… another step or two more and there was the dang seep forming a nice little hole for all to drink from.

We must have walked past this seep so many times, but were always on the trails where all the sign was. We sure as heck put in work and boots on the ground, but it just didn’t play out for us. I’ll be back out there before Jan to scout the area some more and hopefully be a bit more ready (at the seep now) in case these boys make it through the rifle hunt. 

I haven’t seen a single person or vehicle out there and knew there wasn’t much traffic and not to mention it’s a bit of a drive in and nice little hike in and out. With all that being said, there was a camera right on the seep… good times.

spring1.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, az_runner said:

Not much of one man.
Did my normal deal and left Phoenix around 330am yesterday, sat a blind around 545am where they were appearing. Only a few ladies showed up… about 10 feet in front of me for that. 

Long story, but we just found this new spot a few weeks back and started putting out cameras. I’ve been out there probably six times or more before and knew there had to be water around the immediate area because tanks just seem to be too far away from this spot for some many birds, pigs and deer to be. I hiked up and down the area with my oldest boy and we never found a seep or anything though found a few spots where a spring was just slightly showing moisture at the surface. Fast forward a few weeks, hunts and hikes out there to yesterday. I’m sitting the trail from what looks to be about mid-way in to these crazy game trails and bedding areas. The does show up and pass right in front of me, the one on the back catches me and they all bolt out of the area. I sat for another maybe 90 minutes or so and kept hearing all kinds of noise about 30-40 yards down from me and figured it was my boys and maybe they would make their way to me. Nothing ever came my way, so I finally got out of the blind and made my way down to where I was hearing all the noise. I knew where the noise was coming from as we’ve hiked down that way a few times. This time I crept the bottom in case they were coming down the trails towards me. I started seeing tracks of everything, like when you can’t tell what direction anything if going… another step or two more and there was the dang seep forming a nice little hole for all to drink from.

We must have walked past this seep so many times, but were always on the trails where all the sign was. We sure as heck put in work and boots on the ground, but it just didn’t play out for us. I’ll be back out there before Jan to scout the area some more and hopefully be a bit more ready (at the seep now) in case these boys make it through the rifle hunt. 

I haven’t seen a single person or vehicle out there and knew there wasn’t much traffic and not to mention it’s a bit of a drive in and nice little hike in and out. With all that being said, there was a camera right on the seep… good times.

spring1.jpg

You did tour homework though. Thats a good find.

• Like 3