Sign in to follow this  
SwampMafia

2 tags 5BS early archery 🔥🔥

Brother and I pulled 2 5bs early archery tags. We’ve killed 2 bulls in there over the years on the late hunt. I want to keep a thread posted on how we do throughout both weeks. Hoping for some success! Hunting hutch mountain area and turkey mountain general areas in spots we’ve used for years. Rutting should be amazing this year and I’ve already located a few good groups of elk. Last minute advice before the hunt? If anyone has any other places to check out as a backup drop me a pm and I’d appreciate it. Looking forward to a fun hunt which has been 7 years in the making! 

• Like 3

Awesome! I have the same tag. I had it in 2017 as well and pulled a nice 320-330" bull. I was in there last weekend and there is water everywhere. Feed looks great too. Should be a fun hunt with the dates pushed back a week too. 

• Like 1

Was up there yesterday - bulls are talking.  You are in the area I heard them. 

Asshats are stealing cameras - had another one jacked. 

Congratulations on the tags and good luck on the hunt.  I will be up there helping my dad on the same hunt.

On 9/7/2020 at 4:45 AM, Redman said:

Was up there yesterday - bulls are talking.  You are in the area I heard them. 

Asshats are stealing cameras - had another one jacked. 

Dang, hopefully they didn't take mine? Were yours locked up?

8 hours ago, kazpilot25 said:

Dang, hopefully they didn't take mine? Were yours locked up?

One was on a tank around Turkey Mtn about 200 yds from the water and another tank just south of Oak Hill - again about 100-200 off the tank.  Good Luck! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Redman said:

One was on a tank around Turkey Mtn about 200 yds from the water and another tank just south of Oak Hill - again about 100-200 off the tank.  Good Luck! 

Dang, snagged them that far off the tank. That's brutal. I've got some on those same tanks locked up, hopefully they're safe.

9 hours ago, Redman said:

Then I guess I can just assume mine are gone too lol

On 9/8/2020 at 11:38 AM, Javelinasports said:

We don't have tags but we do have cameras out, good luck to all.

Elk Snip.JPG

This is about the class of bulls I’ve been seeing. Nothing wrong with them in my eyes. I just want a good rut which is why I chose the late date hunt here in 5bs vs other archery tags. I like the meat, horns are cool, but rutting is amazing

• Like 1