Sign in to follow this  
Ringer

Tundra oil change.

23 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

I’m sorry you haven’t had good experiences with shops. I also do all my own services and repairs but, I work at a shop! If you ever feel the need to search for an honest shop then please do so. We’re like sex workers, people are scared to use us.

My buddy was one of lawleys 2 best ford techs. His words "i wouldnt let anyone there even change my oil execept one guy".  He got furlowed during covid while they kept the hacks that cost less.  That pissed him off enough to start his own shop. 

Anyone need a Ford guy? He had the same 6.0 diesel as me so he's awesome with them too. 

23 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

My buddy was one of lawleys 2 best ford techs. His words "i wouldnt let anyone there even change my oil execept one guy".  He got furlowed during covid while they kept the hacks that cost less.  That pissed him off enough to start his own shop. 

Anyone need a Ford guy? He had the same 6.0 diesel as me so he's awesome with them too. 

That happened to some American techs that I know. Us euro guys still had/have work. It slowed for a bit but work is back and then some!

31 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Did the guys that couldn’t change oil also get furloughed? 

This thread reminds me why I never have done side jobs.🤣

I would be pissed! How much oil did they add. That would tell you how screwed you are. 

No oil pressure gauge, low oil pressure light?

1 hour ago, muledeerarea33? said:

I’m sorry you haven’t had good experiences with shops. I also do all my own services and repairs but, I work at a shop! If you ever feel the need to search for an honest shop then please do so. We’re like sex workers, people are scared to use us.

Yeah it’s crazy, I’ve been doing all my own work for over 10 years now . But yes there are honest shops out there .

• Like 1

Happened to my cousins gmc. It doesn't take much run time with no oil to do bad things. It may not have blown your motor, but it put a lot more wear internally than you think. They ended up paying to put a new engine in my cousins truck. My father who is A 40 year ase certified mechanic. He contacted them for my cousin and had a talk with them and no questions asked. New motor put in free of charge. You may not get that deal without a fight though 

14 hours ago, Curtis Reed said:

I haven’t had anyone touch my car’s oil pan in 15 years. I just don’t trust anyone.  Especially WalMart or express places. 

I had a similar experience when Fletcher's was in town. They were supposed to do a complete fluids change on my truck but they failed to replace the rear end grease.

I made it up to San Juan County, Ut. loaded up the truck and trailer with hay bales and made it about 70 miles back, breaking down near Mexican Water on the Navajo Res.

Not a drop of oil in the rear end/axle. Cost me several days broke down along the road, before the only bright spot in the misadventure, a sympathetic Navajo family took me in. Meanwhile my ol lady in Phoenix searched for an affordable axle.

In all I spent two weeks with the Begay family. They shared everything they had with me out there in the middle of nowhere and they didn't have a lot. I have tried to repay them again and again.

I filled their barn with hay, paid for help replacing the axle and still drop in with groceries.

• Like 3

I was riding with my dad after he got new tires on his 72 chevy, driving down the freeway around the 60 and rural the front right wheel fell off lol.

a cop came and stopped traffic on the freeway so my dad could run across and grab it. Was about 1993

10 hours ago, 5guyshunting said:

I thought a "lot lizzard"  was a hooker? They change oil now too?

Maybe things are a little slow, so have to pick up some side work.

• Like 1

Was this the Right Toyota near the Scottsdale Airport?

Yes. They just called and are sending a letter on Toyota letterhead that if anything happens to the engine they will guarantee it. Will be signed by the tech and the service manager.