Sign in to follow this  
Boarman03

Outdoor Writer - Best Wishes with Medical

At times we all could use a little extra support and it is my understanding that right now Outdoor Writer is dealing with some tough medical times. 

I hope this is taken as it is intended, positive, and ask that anyone who would like to add positive well wishes to please post them here or in PM  to him.

Best wishes and kindness to you Outdoor Writer.

• Like 3

Good luck Tony,thank you Boarman for bringing this to our attention.

• Like 1

You have been a positive for this site and all of us. I personally have learned a lot from your contributions.

We are rooting for you Sir.

• Like 1

He’s one I have to read.  When ever I see it’s a topic or reply from him, I go right to it, many others don’t get a second thought.  

• Like 1

Tony, prayers sent. Keep us informed when you can, don't push it when you can't.

• Like 1

Hey guys, I appreciate all the well wishes. I'm having some problems, but as Mark Twain once said, "The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated." 🤣 

It's just tough to get old. I just wish it had taken longer. 

tenorF4QPPB8D.gif.5b8e8aec43ef0da3e68e88996ffe8da8.gif

• Like 17

This is a snippet I posted elsewhere about my current situation...

"Problem right now with me is I should be in the hospital. I have a bad case of edema, where about everything in my body is retaining water even though I'm using a diuretic. I look sort of pregnant now because my abdomen is filled with water as well and likely needs to be drained with a tap. From my research in recent days, it appears the water in my gut is the result of more serious underlying issues.

But...I'm resisting a visit to the ER, knowing they will admit me and my odds of getting C-19 rise a bunch. If I get it, I'm dead man walking."
😠

To add...the water in my abdomen, named ascites, is often caused by congestive heart failure or a problem such as cirrhosis of the liver (not likely) or cancer of an organ. etc. I underwent surgery two years ago for colon cancer and was diagnosed cancer-free at that time. So until I give in and go to the ER, it's all just a guessing game right now. It's a real pain not being able to do the simplest of chores, though. 🤬

So there you have it.  In the meantime, I'll just keep at...

pigeons.gif.83bc249aa8b176f456f4159fd8957e63.gif