AzDiamondHeat

video player for GMC truck advice

Now that my little ones are turned around in their car seats we are looking to add a video player to my GMC truck.

I know a lot of guys on here drive chevy/gmc and hope some of you have done this.

Anything good out there that I should look at?

Little Red Riding hood and the big bad wolf.  LOL  If you have a tablet or a laptop then just put it on the back of the front seat or set it on the console.   Sign up at the library and play whatever entertains them.   

We bought a used 2005 GMC a few years ago with an aftermarket JVC installed in the dash. I never thought much about it until a couple of weeks ago when we had to drive clear across the state for a funeral. There aren't enough toys and books to keep a 6yo happy for 16 hours of sitting in 2 days. While I was getting gas my wife ran over to the Redbox and rented a couple of movies for our boy to watch. It worked out great! What I really liked about the JVC is that I could control everything from the factory controls on the steering wheel. If I needed to hear what he or my wife were saying I could pause the movie. 

What year GMC, and are you looking for something integrated with the vehicles stereo or just simple? The most practical way would be to just get one of the brackets or pouches that holds a cheap tablet to the headrest of the front seat. The sky is the limit beyond that. I guess it depends on how much your budget is. 

We already have tablets and laptops but want something more permanent. Momma has a DVD playerbuilt into her infiniti and it is so much better and more convenient having it there and available ALWAYS and not having to mess with straps or plugs or cords.

My truck is  2017 denali. I don't care if it is aftermarket or factory as long as it is quality and integrates with the current system.

So it seems that not too many guys have done this. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good AV guy in the valley?

On 9/18/2020 at 10:08 AM, AzDiamondHeat said:

We already have tablets and laptops but want something more permanent. Momma has a DVD playerbuilt into her infiniti and it is so much better and more convenient having it there and available ALWAYS and not having to mess with straps or plugs or cords.

My truck is  2017 denali. I don't care if it is aftermarket or factory as long as it is quality and integrates with the current system.

So it seems that not too many guys have done this. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good AV guy in the valley?

Sounds like you’re willing to spend a little money then. If it were me I would do replacement headrests with monitors in them. These can be integrated with the OEM system if it already has that capability, or you’d be replacing the head unit as well [You can watch while you drive and control everything your kid is watching from up front]. Slangin sound in mesa is highly regarded for their customer service and killer deals. 

On 9/18/2020 at 10:08 AM, AzDiamondHeat said: