Sign in to follow this  

anyone see this

I decided to take my quad down to the bottom corner of my 5 acres in Young one day.  I made it down just fine and found the corner of the barbed wire fence.  I ran into problems when I tried to turn it around on a pretty steep slope and it rolled over on me. pinning me to the barbed wire fence, with the quad resting on top of me.  I had to push it uphill and off me.  Couldn't do it the first attempt and in an adrenalin filled 2nd attempt gave it all I could and was barely able to get free.  When you're scared , it's amazing what you're capable of.  I'm not as adventurous these days.

• Wow! 1

So question of the day, how many of you carry a tourniquet? Taken Stop the Bleed?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

So question of the day, how many of you carry a tourniquet? Taken Stop the Bleed?

My make shift tqt.. Has D loops that could be used to torque that sob good and tight. Just hope my belt is big enough to be double wrapped on what ever extremity.Works on mine NP. If you have quads like joe Rogan I am downing the nearest oak tree on that sucker.   

4BE02BC0-46C7-42EE-B878-B65E83639285.jpeg

It's sad to say but this is an everyday occurrence. I have buddies in munds park fire and summit and atv/utv accidents are a huge part of their calls. I guess amputations with utvs are also extremely common.  

Had a friend have her right hand  mostly  severed when their RZR tipped.  Her husband was a recently retired fireman and performed first aid and kept the hand intact..  Last I heard she has had 7 surgeries  to date on the reattachment, with very little use of the hand . Another friends brother (another fire fighter) was killed when his Ranger rolled when he was going too fast for a turn in the dark, crushing his skull while on an elk hunt.  No seat belt.  Made me a believer in  using them on the SXS, as well as slowing down.   They are a great tool, just need to be treated with some respect.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Flatlander said:

I carry a cat tq in my back pack another in my rzr and 1 In my boat at all times. 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 7:11 AM, Saguaro said:

I saw it.  They blurred out the arm like they would someone’s private parts.  I guess arms are offensive.  I can understand blurring out the faces to protect identities, but how is an arm offensive?  We keep getting weaker and weaker and more and more easily offended.

Uhm, because little kids don't need to see that. If it trips your trigger I'm pretty sure there are tons of graphic videos on You Tube to quench your thirst.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 10:45 PM, Flatlander said:

This 100%. Tourniquets save lives. You never know when it'll be yours, a family members or a random persons.

On 9/12/2020 at 10:45 PM, Flatlander said:

In order to get my guide's license in Colorado, I had to take a Class A first aid course. It provided plenty of options for various tourniquets from a simple belt, a rifle sling or even a torn strip of cloth twisted with a stick or pen to control tightness. You can even use the roll of gauze if there's a first aid key available.

• Like 1