Delw

West coast fires

48 minutes ago, Edge said:

www.DNC.org

Dont forget to send some envelopes with flour in them just to keep them on their toes.  

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, AZLance said:

anyone have the web page where I can send money for more gasoline?

As said before. Burn baby burn.

• Like 1

At this point we really  should have a flying fire force alot cheaper and more efficient when these things  start.  Put them in central SW add a few jobs for maintenance and pilots.  One starts Bam it’s out.  Still need to thin thick stuff out.  Sucks seeing this every year!  And Yah wack anyone starting one kinda like Eurasia doves or evasive species.  Where’s the Elk pics??  That poverty tag pic was amazing!!

Darn, my friends and I were just parroting the typical status quo disbelief in climate change, like most of us typically do, when I came across NASA's fact website: https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/ 

I just saw their facts page and saw this very accurate and absolutely indisputable graph of atmospheric CO2. The totally mind blowing anthropogenic rise in CO2 at 1950 from 300 ppm to 2020's nearly 420 ppm made us shut up. Bear in mind this graph accurately displays the CO2 atmospheric levels from 800,000 BP to today, showing naturally occurring small increases and decreases over the eons, and it's consistent level from 800,000 BP to just before present levels (not our lifetimes nor extended family lifetimes) is indicative of how very consistent this greenhouse gas has been, until the advent of anthropogenically derived (evidence based, not anecdotal evidence) addition of CO2.

We would suspect the warming temperatures, drying of the air and soil, as well as the drying of combustible plant lignin, leaves, roots, etc., rainfall patterns and subsequent droughts in places, wind temperatures and velocities, stronger thunderstorms ans accompanying lightning, etc. cause an increase in flammability. Guess I'll have to make a smaller campfire whenever it's legal to have one camping or hunting. 

1 minute ago, nw07heavy said:

Darn, my friends and I were just parroting the typical status quo disbelief in climate change like most of us typically do, when I came across NASA's fact website: https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/ 

I just saw their facts page and saw this very accurate and absolutely indisputable graph of atmospheric CO2. The totally mind blowing anthropogenic rise in CO2 at 1950 from 300 ppm to 2020's nearly 420 ppm made us shut up. Bear in mind this graph accurately displays the CO2 atmospheric levels from 800,000 BP to today, showing naturally occurring small increases and decreases over the eons, and it's consistent level from 800,000 BP to just before present levels is indicative of how very consistent this greenhouse gas has been, until the advent of anthropogenically derived addition of CO2.

There is a lot of info out there showing the rise in CO2 Levels. I sent my cousin one earlier this year of the rise in the Phoenix area and yes it has been very steadily rising globally. Most people though are unaffected by it in their daily lives and tend to scoff at it when a colder than usual cold snap hits and it is months out of season.

In 92 I was in Northern Alaska and was talking to a guy who moved there 20 years prior and told me about how there was less permafrost then compared to when he first moved there.

25 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

In 92 I was in Northern Alaska and was talking to a guy who moved there 20 years prior and told me about how there was less permafrost then compared to when he first moved there.

Do you think that permafrost levels have been changing forever or just the last 30 years 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, PRDATR said:

There is a lot of info out there showing the rise in CO2 Levels. I sent my cousin one earlier this year of the rise in the Phoenix area and yes it has been very steadily rising globally. Most people though are unaffected by it in their daily lives and tend to scoff at it when a colder than usual cold snap hits and it is months out of season.

Sadly, many of the high elevation cable car stations and other buildings that were once in the Swiss alpine elevations have their permafrost base foundations melting and moving, and have needed supplemental anchoring into the mountain structures. Many glaciers all over the world are retreating, as are the polar ice-sheets. If the Gulf Stream, especially the Gulf Stream AMOC shuts down in the future we will really have issues. 

At least, on the plus side we'll have a new bear sub-species to hunt, the grolar, a cross between the polar bear and the grizzly bear, which speciated around 500,000 BP. These would make nice trophies, with their unique fur color. 

36 minutes ago, nw07heavy said:

Darn, my friends and I were just parroting the typical status quo disbelief in climate change, like most of us typically do, when I came across NASA's fact website: https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/ 

I just saw their facts page and saw this very accurate and absolutely indisputable graph of atmospheric CO2. The totally mind blowing anthropogenic rise in CO2 at 1950 from 300 ppm to 2020's nearly 420 ppm made us shut up. Bear in mind this graph accurately displays the CO2 atmospheric levels from 800,000 BP to today, showing naturally occurring small increases and decreases over the eons, and it's consistent level from 800,000 BP to just before present levels is indicative of how very consistent this greenhouse gas has been, until the advent of anthropogenically derived addition of CO2.

We would suspect the warming temperatures, drying of the air and soil, as well as the drying of combustible plant lignin, leaves, roots, etc., rainfall patterns and subsequent droughts in places, wind temperatures and velocities, etc. cause an increase in flammability. Guess I'll have to make a smaller campfire whenever it's legal to have one camping or hunting. 

The almost unbelievable stat is that the mastodon used to live way up north........then got covered with ice...............then................well................you know................. 

6 hours ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

The almost unbelievable stat is that the mastodon used to live way up north........then got covered with ice...............then................well................you know................. 

You're so correct? The mastodons started becoming extinct about 10,000 years ago (after the end of the last 'little ice age') and likely for either or both these reasons: !) Anthropogenic utilization of the species and environmental warming that was too fast for the species to adapt to it, and or 2) An onset of TB that when combined with other factors precluded their survival as a viable species. Didn't know they froze to death.

3 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

Do you think that permafrost levels have been changing forever or just the last 30 years 

That I do not know but according to Vance he had to dig down farther to hit it at the time so my guess is it has been on the decline for 50 years or so. In the last 20 years we are getting more of a handle on emissions on fossil fuels. Heck even 20 years ago the emissions from a car were way less than vehicles from the 60's and 70's.

We now have much cleaner fuels, catalytic converters, fuel injection and computer controlled engines. Spark plugs now can go 100,000 miles instead of being replaced every 10,000-15,000 miles. When  was a kid I would go visit my grandparents who moved from their house to an apartment less than a mile from JFK Airport. The soot from the jets would build up on the kitchen window sill and was thick and black coming out of the engines. This was 1959. Today when you watch a jet leave Sky Harbor there is very little soot at all.

On 9/12/2020 at 11:16 AM, Edge said:

Climate Change, were it real, never started a fire. But you have sheeple tuning in to CNN eating this crap up fast as its dished.

I was just working on of the big fires in Oregon.  Most of the big fires that started Mid-end of August, were lightning started fires.  As far as the climate change causing them.....  last year, there was a less than average wildfire season in the Pacific Northwest.  So I find it hard to believe its  climate change

• Like 1

Climate change is real.  The climate always changes and always will.  But it is not human caused.

The Great Lakes were formed from melting ice caps and glaciers way before I was burning gas in my V8. 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, PRDATR said:

That I do not know but according to Vance he had to dig down farther to hit it at the time so my guess is it has been on the decline for 50 years or so. In the last 20 years we are getting more of a handle on emissions on fossil fuels. Heck even 20 years ago the emissions from a car were way less than vehicles from the 60's and 70's.

We now have much cleaner fuels, catalytic converters, fuel injection and computer controlled engines. Spark plugs now can go 100,000 miles instead of being replaced every 10,000-15,000 miles. When  was a kid I would go visit my grandparents who moved from their house to an apartment less than a mile from JFK Airport. The soot from the jets would build up on the kitchen window sill and was thick and black coming out of the engines. This was 1959. Today when you watch a jet leave Sky Harbor there is very little soot at all.

So where’s the graph that shows a down trend from 1980-2020? I don’t believe it’s man made. If it is. It’s not the United States. So why do we get the blame? Or should I say restrictions. Europe is way more restricted for emissions than the U.S and they get away with shipping us vehicles that meet our cafe standards. Why not make it a world wide standard?

• Like 1