Delw

West coast fires

On 9/12/2020 at 7:52 PM, twistzz said:

At this point we really  should have a flying fire force alot cheaper and more efficient when these things  start.  Put them in central SW add a few jobs for maintenance and pilots.  One starts Bam it’s out.  Still need to thin thick stuff out.  Sucks seeing this every year!  And Yah wack anyone starting one kinda like Eurasia doves or evasive species.  Where’s the Elk pics??  That poverty tag pic was amazing!!

There is no such thing as inexpensive aviation.

1 hour ago, Non-Typical Solutions said:

Pre 1950 I’m guessing it was a thermometer malfunction 😂A2F564D8-D3B4-4501-AEF3-B5FC1E04427B.jpeg.1cfdc7c4866a6bff51284976b143cddc.jpeg

Back then and in the 50's a lot of record temps from back then still stand.

• Like 1

Why weren't record temperatures back then called global warming? 

I'm confused. In the 70s we were all going to die from the impending ice age. My parka groweth dusty.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Edge said:

I'm confused. In the 70s we were all going to die from the impending ice age. My parka groweth dusty.

HAHA I remember those days

Yo Az Whatever how many millions have already been spent? We could have three squadrons all ready.  Dork!!  Not to mention the property values Dork!!  And lives Dork!!  F off!!  Over how many years really 

Climate is atmospheric phenomenon and characteristics, measured and averaged out a span of 30 years (and can be much longer). Weather is what we experience for each day and on a daily basis does not demonstrate climate change, regardless of how high or how low a temperature reading you see on a given day.  Weather is not climate. Thinking this way misses the entire point regarding climate change, Climate change is not a measure of what we do on a finitely short period of one, two, or even dozens of human lifetimes. The earth is too large for this change to happen in our individual short lifespans. If we think that our very short term perception of actions and consequences we are overlooking the significance and reality of the situation. Our CO2 concern is that of the dramatic increase of 800,000 years. Unfortunately we are reacting to what we perceive as only an insignificant length of time (of our life span), and can't see or plan beyond this duration. We think that all the data mean nothing. The similar result of our perception of the Covid-19 pandemic 'shelter in place' actions demonstrated this. After what we thought was a long enough behavior, for something we could not see (a virus), and that this procedure effectively reduced contagion, most countries and people stopped their 'shelter in place' action. This has led to the spread of the pandemic to tremendous numbers. We cannot see any of the greenhouse gasses like CO2, and our human behavior, in spite of the more pertinent and accurate data, is the same. Like those who contract Covid-19, we are all free to make these choices.