Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

Almost time ...

10 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

5 days until my archery elk hunt... but who is counting?

4CD34F4C-CCC2-4A11-8F22-46F5DA2DC53A.jpeg

I’m counting.

where.

mines in 5bs

• Like 1

Had a good bull come in with cows tonight in 5bs with my boy.  We were scouting for a buddies hunt.  He was going off pretty good with seven cows.  

Best part was in the end when my son said “that is the coolest thing I have ever seen” as the bull chuckled and threw leaves everywhere with his antlers.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, oz31p said:

I’m counting.

where.

mines in 5bs

It wasn’t quite OTC. MT general elk is a draw. Something I have wanted to do for many years, as my Dad is from there and we have spent many summers there. I’ll be staying at my parents place hunting nearby.

Its almost a 20 hour drive, to hunt poverty elk, but it’s sentimental for me and I can’t wait.

• Like 4

3 days and 20 hrs of windshield. Supposed to be mid 50’s and raining when I get there Saturday. That should get the bulls going.

• Like 3

Slow day today. Only heard 1 bugle, saw no elk. Headed into new country tomorrow.

• Like 3

E085B40A-D0CD-4964-B0A3-CF2706903263.thumb.jpeg.154ae40938b3613363d37d0ab6d79d6c.jpegC926A424-6C52-491C-9EB2-44AE919D85FF.thumb.jpeg.1b197c93ddffa5141e4a7d4c035c66a2.jpegLooked at tons of country but there are tons of cattle. Only saw one elk. I think we may actually be too high. The country couldn’t be more picture perfect.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, stanley said:

Man, that's pretty country, Andrew!!   

How are the temps??   Chilly or unseasonably balmy, like here??

S.

Rained hard Saturday and that cooled things off for a couple days. Today is supposed to get up to 75 which is really warm for this area.

• Like 1