Sign in to follow this  
4huntrs

Elk Rut

Anyone have any feedback on how vocal the bulls are? I’m starting my scouting today for upcoming muzzy hunt. 3 weeks off. Of course can’t be gone entire time the dog would miss me too much. Went to 23 on Saturday and only heard a couple bugles early. Seems like this weather has really messed with the Archery hunts.

1 hour ago, 4huntrs said:

Anyone have any feedback on how vocal the bulls are? I’m starting my scouting today for upcoming muzzy hunt. 3 weeks off. Of course can’t be gone entire time the dog would miss me too much. Went to 23 on Saturday and only heard a couple bugles early. Seems like this weather has really messed with the Archery hunts.

There are like 10+ pages of info on another thread...

12F3B50B-5B30-48BC-A372-DFB89707A1ED.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I do not have any info on elk but your comment on your dog missing you made me laugh.  I feel the same way about my dog. I can phone my wife and "connect" with her about how things are going when I'm gone but my dog doesn't get it...LOL

guido1.jpg

guido.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah I miss my dog too. This is just before I left. 

Resized_20200907_162944.jpeg

• Like 1

Just now, AzNative63 said:

I do not have any info on elk but your comment on your dog missing you made me laugh.  I feel the same way about my dog. I can phone my wife and "connect" with her about how things are going when I'm gone but my dog doesn't get it...LOL

guido1.jpg

At my age I had to give up elephant hunting.  The bag of decoys was just too much to handle any more

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 4huntrs said:

Yes saw that. About half of that thread has gone sideways. Started a new one.

My bad 

3 hours ago, 4huntrs said:

Yes saw that. About half of that thread has gone sideways. Started a new one.

It won’t be long before this one does.

• Like 1

I am going up to unit 10 in 2 weeks for scouting. My buddy who is up in 7W right now said he heard a lot for about 30 minutes at the crack of Dawn. But after that not much since. He is still there right now

Trying to help keep this one on track...have seen pics of a couple nice bulls tagged with mixed reports of rut activity and not sure the units. One video from unit 1 of a big bull coming in screaming...

So far it’s been a spot and stalk hunt for me. Biggest bull has been about 300” and with cows. Been hearing bugles here and there until 7am, but then it’s been pretty quite after that. Evening not a lot of movement.