Sign in to follow this  
AzDiamondHeat

Desert Shooting

I just looked into BLM and still the same fire and shooting ban with the exception of down in Cochise County

I called Tonto just to see what they had planned and as of now the restriction is scheduled to end on the 30th, but he gave me the impression they were going to extend it. At least he made it very clear it was an option and was being discussed.

• Like 1

Pretty sure that's portions of Cochise and Santa Cruz?

1 hour ago, Edge said:

Pretty sure that's portions of Cochise and Santa Cruz?

State Land still has a restriction, but they had a restriction anyway.
Gila District BLM land have no current restriction on recreational shooting, the other districts do.

https://www.blm.gov/programs/public-safety-and-fire/fire-and-aviation/regional-info/arizona/fire-restrictions

image.png.f8322b0fe662b3b95b4323ee81722aca.png

1 hour ago, NewlyMinted said:

State Land still has a restriction, but they had a restriction anyway.
Gila District BLM land have no current restriction on recreational shooting, the other districts do.

https://www.blm.gov/programs/public-safety-and-fire/fire-and-aviation/regional-info/arizona/fire-restrictions

image.png.f8322b0fe662b3b95b4323ee81722aca.png

Target shooting is never allowed on State Trust Land unless it's a designated firing range.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Edge said:

Target shooting is never allowed on State Trust Land unless it's a designated firing range.

Every sign on state trust says no target shooting, but it seems as if know one cares.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Edge said:

Yep! Happy to find some good BLM land! Thanks for sharing the fire restrictions page .. that’s a handy link I’d never seen before. I’ve always just checked the BLM site directly but this is better!