Sign in to follow this  
Adicted

Anyone use cell phone booster for rv

I just bought a SureCall which I move from truck to RV. This was the top rated vehicle type.  It helps but dir $500 certainly is not magic. If it is going to stay in tour RV by the full blown RV extender which will have a better antenna.  Again, don’t expect a miracle just improved signal strength if you already have a signal.  

I have been using one for many years. I can go just about anywhere in Az and have service. I highly recommend the Drive-x or the newer one(cant remember what it is called).

I use the weboost(wilson) and like above move it from my truck to my toy hauler. though. In my truck I use the candybar interior antenna and the regular magnet exterior antenna.

I have a "built-in" antenna for my toy hauler. I prewired co-ax from outside to inside where I put a bigger interior "office" antenna". Outside I got a 40ft coax and attach it to one of the more powerful directional attenas and run it up my collapsible flagpole. Took me many years and many trials of different components to figure out what works best for me. This system works awesome.

I was skeptical at first, but I would GLADLY spend the money again. GLADLY. WELL worth it.

If you are ever in the East Valley I would be happy to sow it to you.

7 hours ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

I have been using one for many years. I can go just about anywhere in Az and have service. I highly recommend the Drive-x or the newer one(cant remember what it is called).

I use the weboost(wilson) and like above move it from my truck to my toy hauler. though. In my truck I use the candybar interior antenna and the regular magnet exterior antenna.

I have a "built-in" antenna for my toy hauler. I prewired co-ax from outside to inside where I put a bigger interior "office" antenna". Outside I got a 40ft coax and attach it to one of the more powerful directional attenas and run it up my collapsible flagpole. Took me many years and many trials of different components to figure out what works best for me. This system works awesome.

I was skeptical at first, but I would GLADLY spend the money again. GLADLY. WELL worth it.

If you are ever in the East Valley I would be happy to sow it to you.

I will take you up on that after elk hunting

7 hours ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

2 hours ago, Redman said:

wonder how 5G will impact extenders- are they compatible? 

If your close enough to get 5G you probably won't need a booster.

8 hours ago, PRDATR said:

If your close enough to get 5G you probably won't need a booster.

no i was thinking when the signal coverts to 5G and the different new frequencies... I am not a cell phone guru but 5G will probably replace previously 4G and other low band frequencies- cell phone boosters of today will probably not work, not sure if they have a firmware update, etc.

I swear I used to get better phone service with an analog and digital phone - but now everything is digital - 

• Like 1

Lance would know more but from what I have heard 5G Cells are a lot smaller which work fine in populated areas but won't have near the coverage of 4G which will extend farther into more remote areas. I have a Wilson I bought two years ago for traveling and when I camp.

I'm not sure if it is 5G capable but then again if you are that far away from 4G you are not even going to have a 5G signal.

Most of the new ones are 5g compatible now.  No difference from when we all moved from 3g to 4g or when you upgraded your WiFi router. It is not automatic you need compatible hardware but the mfg’s usually stay ahead a generation.  
the cell boosters are usually compatible with 4-5 frequencies if you buy the better models. 

Article in this month’s Trailer Life magazine about Weboost RV 65. Good review, and seems to indicate that it works best when signals are poor. No mention either way on 5G compatibility. I can send the article if interested. 

I usually get about no signal majority of the time to 1 bar here and there. I would have to drive 20minutes out or so just to get a good signal. Usually can't stream youtube or it won't even load anything up on the internet. My cell signal was based around 121 dBm average and I always had dropped calls or people would barely hear me or I barely hear them. I have an RV up here so I just made a rig where I can just Latch it on top of my RV and if I ever need to take it off, I just unlatch it off pretty easily. Wind Proof of course. After I powered it up I kept my inside antenna away from everything else & worked great at the farthest end of my RV. I went from no signal to 3 to full bars at times. 3 bars on average though. My 120 dbm would drop to around a good 89 to 90 dbm which is very good! I have it running off my solar batteries so I just power it on whenever I need it. The modem thing does get hot so I had a small fan blowing on as it is in use. Works great and I instantly get a signal within 10 after powering it on. No more dropped calls. No more lags. I can finally do some work while staying up here and enjoying nature. Great product! Let's see how it ll hold up in a few months or so. Thankfully I didn't go with the rv65 as the 4gx did great here. I was concerned it wouldn't work and would need to get the rv65 instead.. as you can see .. these are pricey items but I guess worth it.

WeBoost DriveX and switch from truck to trailer. Works great. Worth the $ and will be 5G compatible.