Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

Micro Arrows

Why I switched to micro’s, specifically VAP TKO (pink fletching) from Hunter XT (Green fletch).

1095D43B-2B1E-4371-AA7A-E7B4E55668A9.thumb.jpeg.ff8d5db101944d732aeaefbaf51eddcb.jpeg

A good friend who is an archery pro suggested upgrading for arrow groups and penetration. So far his advice seems spot on.

1 hour ago, AllBoutHuntn said:

What arrows were using before. Ive been using gold tips forever but always looking to upgrade. 

Gold Tip Hunter XT

41 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

The only place that 2” would make a difference is in your bedroom.

or mine for that matter 

I think it’s more like 4 inches which is a huge difference 

I've been using Easton Axis 5MM and just went to Match grade Axis 5mm with brass inserts. Groups seem a little better already.

Are you using these on the elk hunt? If so keep us posted.  

I got some of the skinny arrows, maxima reds i think.  Had good reviews. 2 broke off at the tip on my bison though.  Im gonna keep the 4 i have left and see how they are....

56 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Are you using these on the elk hunt? If so keep us posted.  

I got some of the skinny arrows, maxima reds i think.  Had good reviews. 2 broke off at the tip on my bison though.  Im gonna keep the 4 i have left and see how they are....

I am, but I will have to shoot an elk for any results to post. Might be a tall order. We shall see.

8 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

I am, but I will have to shoot an elk for any results to post. Might be a tall order. We shall see.

Good luck.  Im mentally attributing my situation to the big body and mass of the animal, but 2 broke off is suspect to me.  Hopefully I'll get a chance at something else smaller before end of year

It’s amazing what accurate shot placing will do. If you hit a deer in the face with a vap and a swhacker, it might not die. If you hit a bull with an Easton aluminum and a thunderhead in the lungs it will probably die. I know these to be truths. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

It’s amazing what accurate shot placing will do. If you hit a deer in the face with a vap and a swhacker, it might not die. If you hit a bull with an Easton aluminum and a thunderhead in the lungs it will probably die. I know these to be truths. 

But wouldn’t 4” deeper in the face be more better?