MULEPACKHUNTER

Backcountry coffee

4 hours ago, eddielasvegas said:

My elk scouting and hunts are coming up so timely topic.  Thanks. 

I'm a bit of a coffee snob too but cleaning up a french press while in the field uses too much water and is just nasty and not efficient.

Going to have to try the Cafe Bustelo instant.

Eddie

If you have never seen the aeropress check it out, it’s a cross between French press and pour over. Comes out like espresso and man is it good. Not bad on clean up, no extra water needed. Wipe it clean. Just bulky and you need an extra hot water cup or coffee cup. 

• Thanks 1

I’ve been drinking this as my backpack coffee for a couple years now and like it. It is WAY better than most instant coffee i’ve had. Reasonably priced too

https://www.amazon.com/Mount-Hagen-Organic-Instant-25-Count/dp/B001NN531Y/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=organic+instant+coffee&qid=1600211023&sprefix=organic+instant&sr=8-8

8 minutes ago, eddielasvegas said:

I just ordered 3 jars of Medaglia.

If it's as good as the reviews say, it's a good trade off for convenience, ease of use and price.

Eddie

Let me know what you think of it....

• Like 1

I just placed an order of Medaglia D’Oro as well.

I hope it lives up to the reviews.  I have been contemplating a better solution as well.

Vive les snobs de café!

• Like 1

What’s wrong with good ole cowboy coffee? Flat rock or egg shell to settle the grounds, done in the time it takes to boil water. Guess I’m not a coffee snob lol. Cheap booze and hot and black suit me just fine. I’ve used the Starbucks instant packs. Haven’t bought any in a few years. I’ll have to try some of the recommended ones now out of curiosity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

What’s wrong with good ole cowboy coffee? Flat rock or egg shell to settle the grounds, done in the time it takes to boil water. Guess I’m not a coffee snob lol. Cheap booze and hot and black suit me just fine. I’ve used the Starbucks instant packs. Haven’t bought any in a few years. I’ll have to try some of the recommended ones now out of curiosity.

What’s wrong with good ole cowboy coffee. 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5guyshunting said:

What’s wrong with good ole cowboy coffee

Not a thing. Been drinking it since age 5. Sometimes it’s nice to try other coffee. Just wondering what all the hoopla is about a mess 

I thought we were talking backpack hunting coffee not best coffee at camp where you ain't carrying it on your back. 

If that's the case, I'll bring my coffee maker on an inverter or power station and have gallons of it...grin ..

• Like 1