MULEPACKHUNTER

Backcountry coffee

18 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Looks less interesting then I imagined.  I was kind of hoping it was a suppository

It could be. 

I just went back to Starbucks from Costco pacific something or other. I need it strong. I bought a hand press, just add hot water and k cup. I wish black rifle was available id love to try it. 

3 hours ago, muledeerarea33? said:

What’s wrong with good ole cowboy coffee? Flat rock or egg shell to settle the grounds, done in the time it takes to boil water. Guess I’m not a coffee snob lol. Cheap booze and hot and black suit me just fine. I’ve used the Starbucks instant packs. Haven’t bought any in a few years. I’ll have to try some of the recommended ones now out of curiosity.

Thank you for being the first one to mention egg shells in this thread! I was thinking I was on the REI site for a second (not that there is anything wrong with that).

I wish I would have bought stock in Medaglia before this thread went live. Apparently there are two things we like here, panic buying ammo and coffee! Like moths to a flame or a duck on a June bug as they say.
Seriously , I am ordering that D’Oro stuff too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I drink cold coffee. Make it at home with grounds and  cheese cloth in a pitcher it sits in fridge 12 hrs pull ground. Have coffee for a few days and usually gets better as it stays cold

• Like 2

I won't drink bad, weak, or flavored coffee. A bit of a snob when it comes to coffee I suppose. Nescafe works for me for instant but I prefer to use the percolator. Need to try Black Rifle and Medaglia Del Oro too I guess.

• Like 3

Taste test between Medaglia D'Oro and Mount Hagen is complete.

Testers were my daughter (21 years old ) and me (age unknown).  Followed directions for each and added 1/2 & 1/2 and sugar, which is how I drink my coffee.

Our totally unscientific, yet completely unbiased opinion is Medaglia D'Oro is the better coffee.  More flavor and body and less like most instant coffees.

The Mount Hagen is not bad in the least but is like every other instant coffee....flat with not a lot of flavor.

The Medaglia D'Oro is a step or two up so that'll be going with me in a few weeks and the french press will be staying home.

Eddie 

• Like 2