Sign in to follow this  
BeardownAZ

Best Tripod for the money???

Just what the title says. I know Outdoorsman are great but not looking to spend that much. It will be for stand up glassing, not backpacking! Thanks

13 minutes ago, Coues7777 said:

Bushnell advance 3 way head. Titanium... cant go wrong....

Haven't heard anything Bushnell recommend in years or ever on here. I'll have to check it out

For the money it’s still the outdoorsman.

All the money you spend on every other item for a hunting trip is worthless if you do not have a stable tripod to find animals.

• Like 1

My rec would be to look for a tripod that gets your needed height WITHOUT extending the center column.  The bino/spotter will be much more stable when the center column is not extended.  You can do a search and look at specs on some sites.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?q=tripod legs&filters=fct_category%3Atripod_legs_2636%2Cfct_maximum-height_1446%3A75in|80in|70in

I have had the Manfrotto for 30 years! great...................BOB!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BeardownAZ said:

Just what the title says. I know Outdoorsman are great but not looking to spend that much. It will be for stand up glassing, not backpacking! Thanks

How tall are you and do you wanna stand to glass.  Seems height is the limitation.

6 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

How tall are you and do you wanna stand to glass.  Seems height is the limitation.

Stand some, and sit in a chair. I have a smaller backpacking tripod I use for longer hikes so I don’t need to worry about even shorter use. I’m 6’4

By time I added up the money I spent on tripods while looking for one that “would do“ I could have bought 3 outdoorsman’s 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BeardownAZ said:

Stand some, and sit in a chair. I have a smaller backpacking tripod I use for longer hikes so I don’t need to worry about even shorter use. I’m 6’4

Its tough to find one for us tall guys thats not super pricey.  I started with vanguard 264Ao.  Great for the $150 and comes with a halfway decent head.  I upgraded the heads to the benro S2 and im still running the same tripods.  Honestly thks tripod definitely falls in the best bang for the $ category.  But I'm now looking for a backpacking CF tripod. I'm not sure if I go just wanna get one that I know I will have to sit with and just shave the extra weight or Still get one I can stand with.  Going lighter and taller at the same time has the backdoor weakness off being less stable in the wind and picking up more vibration from the wind. I'm kind of torn honestly.

I've got a couple, you are welcome to borrow one sometime just to see if it works for you.