Sign in to follow this  
LifeFeedsOnLife

Mormon Lake Question

It's been a while since I've been into that little Mormon lake town or whatever you want to call it. Does anyone know if there's a gas station there? I'll be hunting elk up that way and at times it may be the closest settlement. 

There is a gas station at Mormon Lake, although their pumps are not open unless the store is, usually during regular business hours.  They were open during the youth hunt last October, not sure how far into the year they stay open after October.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LifeFeedsOnLife said:

It's been a while since I've been into that little Mormon lake town or whatever you want to call it. Does anyone know if there's a gas station there? I'll be hunting elk up that way and at times it may be the closest settlement. 

https://www.flagstaffarizona.org/directory/mormon-lake-lodge-rv-parks-campground/

Yeah I meant the little town by the lake. I'll be in 5B N, I've got a few spots in mind and I know about clints well and flag but I figure mormon lake would potentially be quicker to get to depending where I end up. 

6 minutes ago, LifeFeedsOnLife said:

Yeah I meant the little town by the lake. I'll be in 5B N, I've got a few spots in mind and I know about clints well and flag but I figure mormon lake would potentially be quicker to get to depending where I end up. 

If you're hunting the area west of Mormon Lake, I believe there's a decent FS road (#240??) that goes across to Mund's Park. as well. 

42 minutes ago, Outdoor Writer said:

If you're hunting the area west of Mormon Lake, I believe there's a decent FS road (#240??) that goes across to Mund's Park. as well. 

I'll be east but using Google street view it looks like there's a couple pumps. 

• Like 2