Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Mountain house scam

I get it.  They changed the packaging but didn't change the description/marketing info.  If you plan your trip based off of a certain amount of weight/space/quantity of food per package and they ship you something different, I get being disappointed. Eating  2 servings out of one bag would make for an awkward dinner with your hunting buddy.   

I'm glad a ribeye and a can of beans work's for me.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

But tbh you guys motivated me and I ordered this. Idk if that’s a good deal or not on them. I’ve had mountain house but dang it’s like $109 for 24 servings 

7838A728-AAE6-4872-844B-58D2C32AE7CE.png

Yeah prices have gone up. I bought my MH buckets on Amazon when they were $52 for a pail of 12 pouches. Each pouch was 2 servings. Now I see that same product is over double the price I paid in 2013.  I bought 12 buckets, which was a lot of money at the time but now looks like a deal.  Mine is mostly stored for food shortage survival but i do grab them occasionally for backcountry trips. 

The chili mac is the bees knees. 

25 minutes ago, 25-06 said:

I'm glad a ribeye and a can of beans work's for me.

Enough cattle and jack rabbit near me if sh!t hits the proverbial fan! You know where I live, come on over for some beef and we’ll make jerky.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Curtis Reed said:

Yeah prices have gone up. I bought my MH buckets on Amazon when they were $52 for a pail of 12 pouches. Each pouch was 2 servings. Now I see that same product is over double the price I paid in 2013.  I bought 12 buckets, which was a lot of money at the time but now looks like a deal.  Mine is mostly stored for food shortage survival but i do grab them occasionally for backcountry trips. 

One of my buddies told me about  mountain house last year and I couldn’t believe how good they were. Hopefully these taste at least half as good as the mountain house. 

1 minute ago, trphyhntr said:

One of my buddies told me about  mountain house last year and I couldn’t believe how good they were. Hopefully these taste at least half as good as the mountain house. 

Another one to look at is Packit Gourmet.  I try to keep the MH stored for emergencies and buy Packit Gourmet for backpacking trips. Excellent quality. 

8 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Do you even sh!t bro? Freeze dried meals are way hard on the gut!

That’s the problem with them. Maybe some supplemental fiber could help 

23 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Enough cattle and jack rabbit near me if sh!t hits the proverbial fan! You know where I live, come on over for some beef and we’ll make jerky.

Cattle great but going to stop at Jackrabbit and the freeze dried shoot, if I am ever that desperate to eat, whacking neighborhood dogs would be a start. Otherwise its going to be a diet of Power line Deer and National park bighorn and goats.

• Haha 1

Unrelated, but I ate an MRE a couple weeks ago that had been under the seat of my truck since 2017. It was the Jalepeno Beef patty with blueberry muffin and spicy cheese spread with tortilla.

The bag of M&Ms had seen better days....

Pretty certain the whole package may not have survived and been recognizable as a food source after another summer. Ate it just in time.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Edge said:

Unrelated, but I ate an MRE a couple weeks ago that had been under the seat of my truck since 2017. It was the Jalepeno Beef patty with blueberry muffin and spicy cheese spread with tortilla.

The bag of M&Ms had seen better days....

Pretty certain the whole package may not have survived and been recognizable as a food source after another summer. Ate it just in time.

And your still alive! I’ve eaten some MRE’s that were in bad temperatures before. Tasted like rations. Fresh ones don’t taste much better. But still, the gut issue! They ruin me!

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

But tbh you guys motivated me and I ordered this. Idk if that’s a good deal or not on them. I’ve had mountain house but dang it’s like $109 for 24 servings 

7838A728-AAE6-4872-844B-58D2C32AE7CE.png

We bought these back in 2013. 4 serving per package. We've eaten a few over the years. They take longer to cook than MH. I eat MH on the trail and Wise if I'm truck camped. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

And your still alive! I’ve eaten some MRE’s that were in bad temperatures before. Tasted like rations. Fresh ones don’t taste much better. But still, the gut issue! They ruin me!

Yeah I gave it all a good sniff. Knew if things went south that little square of tp in the pack would have been a joke.