Sign in to follow this  
UggRedBilly

Hunting units closed due to fires?

So I just read up on an article saying certain hunting units were closed due to fires. My little brother got his first deer tag ever for unit 24A and I wanna know if it means the area around the fire or the whole unit. I'll attach a picture of the article

Screenshot_20200917-175807_Samsung Internet.jpg

The Coconino and Kaibab National Forests in northern Arizona are still under Stage 1 Fire restrictions.  I had posted about some road closures on the North Kaibab a few days ago also.

13 minutes ago, Red Rabbit said:

The Coconino and Kaibab National Forests in northern Arizona are still under Stage 1 Fire restrictions.  I had posted about some road closures on the North Kaibab a few days ago also.

Yeah I saw that! Good thing the FR22 opens on my first day of hunting. That was my planned route for hunting. Especially in a 2WD truck

4 hours ago, UggRedBilly said:

So I just read up on an article saying certain hunting units were closed due to fires. My little brother got his first deer tag ever for unit 24A and I wanna know if it means the area around the fire or the whole unit. I'll attach a picture of the article

Screenshot_20200917-175807_Samsung Internet.jpg

Go onto the tonto national forest website and look up the actual closure orders. It is not the whole units, they're just listing which units each closure is in 

Just now, QCwtAddict said:

Go onto the tonto national forest website and look up the actual closure orders. It is not the whole units, they're just listing which units each closure is in 

Gotcha! Thank you!

Usually says no target shooting. Meaning hunting is allowed.. 

Exemption #4 states you are allowed to discharge a firearm if engaged in a legal hunting activity..  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Ohthatguy said:

Usually says no target shooting. Meaning hunting is allowed.. 

Exemption #4 states you are allowed to discharge a firearm if engaged in a legal hunting activity..  

I noticed the verbiage was different. Thx for the clarification 

5 minutes ago, AZBIG10 said:

I noticed the verbiage was different. Thx for the clarification 

I looked and you are correct.  I'd call it the "Owens" modification to the order.  Poaching now violates that order so maybe Federal charges could be brought.. lol  Just gotta catch the little bastard in the act. 

3 minutes ago, Ohthatguy said:

I looked and you are correct.  I'd call it the "Owens" modification to the order.  Poaching now violates that order so maybe Federal charges could be brought.. lol  Just gotta catch the little bastard in the act. 

They need to put out a booney mechanical decoy up. Would be funny if they nabbed him with his own confiscated deer. Lmao 🤣 

• Haha 1