Sign in to follow this  
Phil Carr

Better late than never unit 3A 3C

Due to an emergency with my granddaughter have not been able to get out. Finally Headed out this afternoon. I have a cow tag and will see if I can fill it over the next few days. Wasn’t going to go but Granddaughter doing better 

Got a room at the Best Western and will give it heck. Did get to do some scouting 3 weeks ago. My plan is to mainly sit water. Anyone had any action up near Heber? 

• Like 2

Go get them Phil,water is everything this year.

• Like 1

There is not a lot of water around the Heber area, just got home last night from helping a friend on a bull hunt in 3c. We hunted closer to Forest Lakes, there is a lot more water the further west you go in the unit and they were bugling until 9-10 in the morning most mornings. Ended up filling his tag on Friday evening on a decent bull. It was a fun hunt but really warm.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, PineCountryHunter said:

There is not a lot of water around the Heber area, just got home last night from helping a friend on a bull hunt in 3c. We hunted closer to Forest Lakes, there is a lot more water the further west you go in the unit and they were bugling until 9-10 in the morning most mornings. Ended up filling his tag on Friday evening on a decent bull. It was a fun hunt but really warm.

I was up at WCL Friday thru Sunday and it was real warm Friday night.

Thanks for the well wishes and information. I hunt 3A. Had located a trick tank scouting a few weeks ago so hunted there. Really dry no elk today.

• Like 1