Edge

Who am I?

2 hours ago, arizonian said:

I edited it in maybe 5-10 minutes after my initial answer.

A friend of mine and Terry's (.25-06) was of the belief that the Butterfield Stage crossed north of the Rincon Mountains over the Redington Road and came up the San Pedro to Benson. He always pointed out a bit of ruins when we passed. Redington is nowhere near Cienega Creek. Time to do some research.

Stage and freight roads zig zagged across AZ, connecting mines, forts, settlements and transportation hubs.

One of the roads I take north of Morristown was once the stage line from Morristown to Wickenburg. 

Another I use south of Mayer, Bull Rd., was the road used to freight gold ore from Crown King to Big Bug prior to the railroad.

https://tucson.com/news/local/minetales/mine-tales-new-roads-stage-stations-served-miners/article_da12c06a-b5a0-561a-96d0-ca0b64640449.amp.html

2 hours ago, Edge said:

One of the roads

edge have you ever rode the Reno/Heber sheep driveway?  Ellsworth road to the Canyon creek campground.  the Arizona Trail is made-up but the driveway is not.  in the 1990s' i got to know some of the basque herders in 4b-and bought the horns they found.  Erramuzpe herders but by then they were being trucked.

lee

renoheber.pdfrenoheber.pdf

26 minutes ago, biglakejake said:

edge have you ever rode the Reno/Heber sheep driveway?  Ellsworth road to the Canyon creek campground.  the Arizona Trail is made-up but the driveway is not.  in the 1990s' i got to know some of the basque herders in 4b-and bought the horns they found.  Erramuzpe herders but by then they were being trucked.

lee

renoheber.pdfrenoheber.pdf

No I don't get out that way often.

There are several in my curled that would like to ride the entire AZ Trail.

The more I explore this great state the more I realize there's so much more to see.