Sign in to follow this  
Garryett

Day 10 Archery Bull

Well after 10 Days I finally got it done. Shot him around 5:30 as he and 4 cows came into water. My brother in law also had the same tag (The unit with the most archery tags)  unfortunately had to leave Sunday morning. Not the biggest bull I saw but, After hunting 14 days in 11m in 2018  and eating tag soup this bull will do. 

9DBE7D71-FA0A-4C25-8379-D01D27B3ABBA.jpeg

665719E9-2693-437D-99E6-6856536265FE.jpeg

• Like 24

Congratulations!  It still seems surreal when I get lucky enough to take a deer or elk.  I say luck, but I'm sure it was hard work on your part.  Any hunter would have a bunch of respect for you and your "stick to itness." Okay, it does remind me of a story one of the rangemasters ( LLoyd Van Sickle) at the then named Black Canyon Shooting Range told me back in the 70's. He elk hunted hard and came up empty and was headed back home and stopped at a G&F check station. Most wardens knew Lloyd and started to tease him about going home empty handed.  He did a 180 and drove back up to his hunting spot and hunted until he downed an elk. No, I don't remember the particulars about when and where he was hunting but I got a kick out of his story and him not giving up.  RIP Lloyd. 

• Like 2

Much congratulations on your success!  It takes a lot out of you to grind it out, especially in your unit.

Thanks so much for sharing your success with us.

• Like 2