OpticNerd

Check the color on these 2 bucks

I wanted to share something I thought some of you might find this interesting. Check out the cool color differences between these two bucks. The main difference that immediately stood out to me was the difference in velvet color then after watching the video a bit more I noticed the color differences in their fur as well. One buck is mostly grey while the other has quite a bit more color to him. He's got a reddish orange color on the back of his legs, tail and armpits. I never gave much thought to velvet color before but I must say I'm quite intrigued now after seeing this. I did a quick Google search but couldn't find anything on a bucks velvet color. I wonder if there's a correlation between velvet color and the color of a bucks fur? What have you guys noticed? Is this just a coincident?  

20181227_071908.00_02_14_03.Still001.jpg

20181227_071908.00_01_55_18.Still004.jpg

20181227_071908.00_00_02_06.Still008.jpg

• Like 8
  • Great Buck! 2
  • Wow! 4

I would have never noticed their color differences with that head gear.....

• Like 8

1 hour ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Man those are good looking bucks.

My daughters like them too. They're already staking claim on them. Unfortunately for me they have tags before me so there's a chance they might get the bigger one before I even get a chance at it. I guess I'll just have to go find a bigger one.

1 hour ago, More D said:

I would have never noticed their color differences with that head gear.....

Haha. Yep I didn't notice until I got home.

58 minutes ago, bonecollector said:

Couple very nice bucks! Great footage

Thanks!

If you could PM the GPS cords, I can take a closer look and verify the colors. Years ago in 36B, I took a grey colored Coues and my bud shot one that was red like that, only it's whole body was red. I'll try to get him to send a pic and I'll post it.

18169.jpeg

• Like 2

At first I was like...Holy Mother of God!

Nice bucks, looking forward to your daughter putting the smack down on Ivory!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, 10Turkeys said:

If you could PM the GPS cords, I can take a closer look and verify the colors. Years ago in 36B, I took a grey colored Coues and my bud shot one that was red like that, only it's whole body was red. I'll try to get him to send a pic and I'll post it.

18169.jpeg

That's a sweet looking buck. I love the look of a coues with some red or orange on them. I tried to send you the cords but your inbox was full.

22 hours ago, Chef said:

At first I was like...Holy Mother of God!

Nice bucks, looking forward to your daughter putting the smack down on Ivory!

Thanks. That's the one my two oldest want. If he stays were he's at there's a real good chance he's getting shot at but who am I kidding the bigger bucks never stay where they need to.

• Like 1

To be clear I was curious about the color of a bucks velvet and if the color of his fur has anything to do with the color of his velvet. After reading the article in Outdoor Writer's link I didn't see anything in there about the color of a bucks velvet. I'll have to reread it just incase I missed something. 

10 hours ago, AllBoutHuntn said:

Great looking bucks. You’ve got yourself a great spot. 

It's actually almost a perfect spot. Only down side is the hill the bucks are on is visible from a road. Other than that it's a great location to kill a big buck. Now just if they stay put until Nov and someone else doesn't beat us to them.