dpr64

Unit 33 fire closure info

Does anyone know if the closures to the catalinas unit 33 are going to be lifted before November 1st? Is there any place to get first-hand informatin? I tried the forestry division and a few others but all I get are the recorders and no one calls back

Considering that the closure order was just updated recently and it still says Nov 1, it isn't looking good.  I actually spoke to a young lady at the Coronado NF Catalina district office a while back asking if I could get written permission just to go in and retrieve a couple trail cameras in the Catalinas, was told she would check into it and took my phone number.  She actually returned my call the following week, but only to tell me my request was denied.

• Like 2

I’ve emailed the FS several times and all the information they reply with is vague. There are several areas that are a good 3hr drive from my house, I’d rather know they are accessible before I go... but I can never get a solid answer. The map they provide lacks in clarity as well, so you can’t tell much from it, or at least I’m too dumb to be able to. They opened more trails recently and updated that on their website. 

Cool, looks like we can hunt sabino canyon then. I'm going to get me a lion tag now.

• Like 1